17th June 2014, 08:21 AM   |  #41  
Thanks Meter: 725

1,376 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher83

Hi guys,
you can find the new test builds here:

I hope that the faced issues are now solved.
Probably you don't need the changes on build.prop anymore, but keeping them won't hurt.

Let me have your feedbacks.

Nice one

Version: K^Kernel_GT-I8150_KK-4.4_3.4_20140616_Linaro-4.9.1_OC_UV_XHM_Ion_Pmem_Adsp_Signed

Video recording @480p is working, taking picture is working, switching camera to video and vice versa is working too. Thanks @Christopher83
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dec0der For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th June 2014, 09:18 AM   |  #42  
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 90

380 posts
More
Using latest DCM, and flashed EXUV_XHM.

taking pic: OK
switch to video: OK
record video (480p only): OK
play recorded video: OK
play sd and hd video on youtube: OK

awesome and thanks
Last edited by makankaki; 17th June 2014 at 10:33 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to makankaki For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th June 2014, 10:20 AM   |  #43  
Flag FHain
Thanks Meter: 234

286 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by makankaki

Using latest DCM, and flashed EXUV_XHM.

taking pic: OK
switch to video: OK
record video: OK
play recorded video: OK
play sd and hd video on youtube: OK

awesome and thanks

I took some photos and videos (front cam, rear cam, 720p & 480p) with UC VHM Kernel on CM280514, switched around between the modes a lot and also dont not have anymore camera issues!

Very well done again Christopher!

Though, when playing HD Videos via the Gallery and the Google Video Player, the video playback is still breaking. After a few attempts switching around with some videos there, suddenly i got the popup 'video can not be played'. After that the video recording with the camera is broken also, nothing happens when i press the rec button.

But, this has been a issue before the new kernel already, with different kernels on different roms. Only with Paranoid4+ RC1 (4.4.3) the issue seems to be solved. So i still guess this a rom issue and i maybe it will be solved with an updated Cyanogenmod too.

Can somebody try some hd videos on latest and updated DCM and see if the video playback in the gallery is working without problems?
The Following User Says Thank You to tycoo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th June 2014, 10:24 AM   |  #44  
Thanks Meter: 47

177 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lafactorial

Yeah thanks again. I flashed EXUV-VHM and tested. Taking picture Ok. Switching to camcorder after taking picture Ok. Vieo recording and playback Ok. I tested on youtube wit HD videos.

Note: I am using DCM latest build.

Tested same version, all works great. Suggestion: It's better to keep the lines in the build.prop, yesterday I come back to my old kernel and eliminating them. Today I flashed the new kernel's version without these lines (because Christopher had wrote that are not nececessary), but I had lag and crash problems, solved when I re-add it.

P.S.= Thanks again Christopher!
The Following User Says Thank You to xlollomanx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th June 2014, 10:30 AM   |  #45  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Milan
Thanks Meter: 9,572

1,277 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tycoo

I took some photos and videos (front cam, rear cam, 720p & 480p) with UC VHM Kernel on CM280514, switched around between the modes a lot and also dont not have anymore camera issues!

Very well done again Christopher!

Though, when playing HD Videos via the Gallery and the Google Video Player, the video playback is still breaking. After a few attempts switching around with some videos there, suddenly i got the popup 'video can not be played'. After that the video recording with the camera is broken also, nothing happens when i press the rec button.

But, this has been a issue before the new kernel already, with different kernels on different roms. Only with Paranoid4+ RC1 (4.4.3) the issue seems to be solved. So i still guess this a rom issue and i maybe it will be solved with an updated Cyanogenmod too.

Can somebody try some hd videos on latest and updated DCM and see if the video playback in the gallery is working without problems?

Are you sure that KSM is not active (Settings -> Performance -> Memory Management)?
But if that's a rom issue, I can't do anything for that...

Thanks.
17th June 2014, 10:45 AM   |  #46  
Thanks Meter: 653

305 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tycoo

Can you provide a sample video?

Sent from my GT-I8150 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
17th June 2014, 08:28 PM   |  #47  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 55

259 posts
More
Hey, @Christopher83 ,

You might want to take a peek at Sir Mordred's changes mentioned in this post. He seems to have had a good idea on getting rid of the original KSM and both the 1996MHz and 2092MHz frequencies seem to work for me, tested with 720p playback and 3D gaming and didn't get anything aside of some extra Celsius, which I found to be still in the tolerable level. It really did remove many small stutters from the system, though.
17th June 2014, 08:35 PM   |  #48  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Milan

1,277 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harakhti

Hey, @Christopher83 ,

You might want to take a peek at Sir Mordred's changes mentioned in this post. He seems to have had a good idea on getting rid of the original KSM and both the 1996MHz and 2092MHz frequencies seem to work for me, tested with 720p playback and 3D gaming and didn't get anything aside of some extra Celsius, which I found to be still in the tolerable level. It really did remove many small stutters from the system, though.

Those frequencies are too extreme, I prefer to don't damage your phone or your battery (that is near the cpu), expecially if you're a gamer or you browse a lot...
About KSM, I'm looking for a solution.
Last edited by Christopher83; 17th June 2014 at 08:45 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Christopher83 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th June 2014, 09:25 PM   |  #49  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 55

259 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher83

Those frequencies are too extreme, I prefer to don't damage your phone or your battery (that is near the cpu), expecially if you're a gamer or you browse a lot...
About KSM, I'm looking for a solution.

Got a point there, and performance does vary by device too. Used to be very common with my old MSM7x27 device, it died at anything above 728MHz while another one went up to 862MHz from the original 600.
18th June 2014, 06:45 AM   |  #50  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Milan

1,277 posts
Donate to Me
More
This thread is now closed, please take a look at the new thread:
[GT-I8150][ION] K^Kernel 3.4 for KK 4.4 ION+PMEM ADSP

Thank you all for your support!
Last edited by Christopher83; 18th June 2014 at 08:14 AM.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Christopher83 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread