Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,523 Members 50,408 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Does the HTC One m8 support T-Mobile's 700mhz 4g LTE?

Tip us?

lambo172
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default Does the HTC One m8 support T-Mobile's 700mhz 4g LTE?

Does anyone know if our phone can support the 700mhz 4g LTE? If you do know, please post the source. I've been searching and I can't seem to find the answer.

VolcanicSkunk
Old
Thanks Meter 221
GSM Arena would probably be able to answer this.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Sir-Fix-a-Lot
Old
(Last edited by Sir-Fix-a-Lot; 17th June 2014 at 01:00 AM.)
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 33
Go to pdadb . net and look up the tmobile m8

short answer is yes, but it is missing some bands that the other models have, it only has LTE700 (B17), LTE1700/2100 (B4)

TriBeard
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir-Fix-a-Lot View Post
Go to pdadb . net and look up the tmobile m8

short answer is yes, but it is missing some bands that the other models have, it only has LTE700 (B17), LTE1700/2100 (B4)
True, but it supports all the bands that T-Mobile will (probably) put LTE on during the next 2 years or so, and most people will have probably upgraded by then, and almost certainly before it becomes an issue as even then, most LTE will still be on the 700,1700 or 2100 bands as that's what most of their phones support. .

Sir-Fix-a-Lot
Old
(Last edited by Sir-Fix-a-Lot; 18th June 2014 at 07:03 AM.)
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriBeard View Post
True, but it supports all the bands that T-Mobile will (probably) put LTE on during the next 2 years or so, and most people will have probably upgraded by then, and almost certainly before it becomes an issue as even then, most LTE will still be on the 700,1700 or 2100 bands as that's what most of their phones support. .
I'm on AT&T using a TMo M8, so I'm just a little disappointed that this is the ONLY model that doesn't have all of the bands. World phones have been around for years, so why limit the bands on only this one? I'm still trying to find a way to enable them, more than just searching around. So far the GPE radio has done the best for me, even better than the AT&T radio.

PunishedSnake
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir-Fix-a-Lot View Post
I'm on AT&T using a TMo M8, so I'm just a little disappointed that this is the ONLY model that doesn't have all of the bands. World phones have been around for years, so why limit the bands on only this one? I'm still trying to find a way to enable them, more than just searching around. So far the GPE radio has done the best for me, even better than the AT&T radio.
Prolly AT&T wanted that

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to PunishedSnake For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]