Use of F2FS for /data

1st April 2014, 08:52 AM   |  #31  
Thanks Meter: 36

200 posts
More
Pls twrp with support f2fs for tilapia....

Enviado desde mi Nexus 7 mediante Tapatalk
19th May 2014, 04:49 PM   |  #32  
Thanks Meter: 301

563 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by espaciosalter20

So, to make a rom ALL-f2fs compatible, we just have to change /system and /data partitions format on fstab.grouper from ext4 to f2fs? Off course, on a device with already modified twrp recovery with f2fs tools....

Would interest me as well...

Sent using my nexus⁴ running Mahdi 2.5 with Xposed, XThemes and hells-Core B46 KK t4
19th May 2014, 05:54 PM   |  #33  
Thanks Meter: 112

138 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxr1998

Quote:
Originally Posted by espaciosalter20

So, to make a rom ALL-f2fs compatible, we just have to change /system and /data partitions format on fstab.grouper from ext4 to f2fs? Off course, on a device with already modified twrp recovery with f2fs tools....

Would interest me as well...

Well, there is more to that.
First, you have to have a kernel with the driver for F2FS compiled in. Next, you need to edit the fstab.grouper and change the format of /system, /cache and /data to F2FS. And then, in some cases, you need to modify the updater-script of the ROM so it won't format /system during the install as EXT4, but rather as F2FS.
The last thing is the reason I'm still on Data-F2FS instead of ALL-F2FS. I can still update my ROM via CMUpdater and then just install the kernel again, no need to unzip, change the updater-script and then zip again.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to frantisek.nesveda For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th May 2014, 06:01 PM   |  #34  
Thanks Meter: 301

563 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by frantisek.nesveda

Well, there is more to that.
First, you have to have a kernel with the driver for F2FS compiled in. Next, you need to edit the fstab.grouper and change the format of /system, /cache and /data to F2FS. And then, in some cases, you need to modify the updater-script of the ROM so it won't format /system during the install as EXT4, but rather as F2FS.
The last thing is the reason I'm still on Data-F2FS instead of ALL-F2FS. I can still update my ROM via CMUpdater and then just install the kernel again, no need to unzip, change the updater-script and then zip again.

Thanks! The thing is I am already on d-f2fs on Stock ROM, so I already have the drivers etc available, and since I don't use a custom ROM I also don't have problems woth stock...another thing, could sb give me a link to KOT49H only with root as update.zip?

Sent using my nexus⁴ running Mahdi 2.5 with Xposed, XThemes and hells-Core B46 KK t4
30th May 2014, 12:53 AM   |  #35  
Flag Denver
Thanks Meter: 353

293 posts
Donate to Me
More
@ss2man44 - does this work when building a pure AOSP kernel? The patch applied but it just hangs when booting...
18th June 2014, 07:17 AM   |  #36  
Flag Managua
Thanks Meter: 11

79 posts
F2FS Support
Hi guys, im here to inform that i have issues with es file explorer, it seems to be that it doesnt move my files, either cyanogen mod explorer
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread