Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,165 Members 38,184 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

OnLive and Mad Catz Bring AAA Games to Big Screens With the M.O.J.O. Micro-Console

Tip us?

gwaldo
Old
(Last edited by gwaldo; 5th June 2014 at 12:37 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default OnLive and Mad Catz Bring AAA Games to Big Screens With the M.O.J.O. Micro-Console

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/onlive...190745470.html
Watch the video at the bottom! looks awesome!

Onlive is a PC game streaming business.
It currently supports PC, Android and TV (via android tv box).

Impressive controller with PC/Mac/Android support:
http://play.onlive.com/controller_specs
It includes a usb Wireless Adapter, I'm guess it's for PC folk with no BT.

Not sure if it's made by Madcatz, like the fireTV's controller, the body/battery area looks familiar though.

If I have time, I'll try out a demo this weekend.

Ash180287
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Anyone whose not tried onlive get right on it you wont be dissapointed providing your internet connection dont suck, ive had my subscriptions since early 2011 and its freeking aswome, lets see andry birds, wordfeud or boarderlands hmmm no contest. This is how mobile gaming was ment to be.

gwaldo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash180287 View Post
Anyone whose not tried onlive get right on it you wont be dissapointed providing your internet connection dont suck, ive had my subscriptions since early 2011 and its freeking aswome, lets see andry birds, wordfeud or boarderlands hmmm no contest. This is how mobile gaming was ment to be.
I"m jealous, I wanted to try it out when it was announced but it's not avialable out side the north america & europe :/

Ash180287
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwaldo View Post
I"m jealous, I wanted to try it out when it was announced but it's not avialable out side the north america & europe :/
Nasty I didn't realise it was restricted to EU & north america, that sucks

P901
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash180287 View Post
Nasty I didn't realise it was restricted to EU & north america, that sucks
Are you using OnLive on your rooted MOJO? I was able to install the app but I couldn't navigate through the pages very well. I don't have a subscription so I was just trying to view demos.

Ash180287
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by P901 View Post
Are you using OnLive on your rooted MOJO? I was able to install the app but I couldn't navigate through the pages very well. I don't have a subscription so I was just trying to view demos.
As of yet I've only loaded the app and watched a few others playing in the arena, didn't have any problems so assumed it would play as well, can check later on. I ain't had a proper chance to use the mojo for prolonged periods of time cause of my work hours and world cup . Spent most of my time trying to get the high res config files on doom 3 to work and sorting out my ROMs files. Doom 3 worked fine in normal with no shaders running between 55/60 fps but when I change the config file to include tye android hi res settings its exits the game, dunnno why. But will get it working if its the last thing I do.

---------- Post added at 09:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

It might be that the new ui is the problem they changed it about 3 months ago and the old one was much better. The new one has a tendency to be laggy on movements/navigating. Also try pressing x on the initial starting of the app that gets the controller hooked up. If its the same as OLs micro console the analog sticks are a bit naff for navigating the menues try only using the dpad.