The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Wallpaper issues

OP Lyric Kayden

16th June 2014, 02:41 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Manhattan, KS
Thanks Meter: 1
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
So as we all know if you use your own images for wallpaper that the images turn out cropped and blurry. I was using Simple Image Wallpaper Free but a couple months back the application started to crash and not work prop. The app will no longer let me choose images from my gallery or SD card but instead only allows me to use images from a setup Google account which does not show all my images. When I do select an image it crashes every time.

So I'm now looking for a new app that will let me use my own images without cropping then to crap and making them look blurry as crap. I have tried Image to Wallpaper and I do not like it and it doesn't work that we'll.

Please help. I would love to make my own images for backgrounds. Thanks
17th June 2014, 04:22 AM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
QuickPic will do the job well. Its free on the play store.
17th June 2014, 04:06 PM   |  #3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
81 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyric Kayden

So as we all know if you use your own images for wallpaper that the images turn out cropped and blurry.

Uh, no?

I've never had this issue as long as I've used an image with a suitably high resolution. Since the display resolution on the tablet is 2560x1600, I'd recommend using a source image at least that large. Preferably larger, since it will crop it a little by default to properly format it for both portrait and landscape orientations.
18th June 2014, 03:22 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Flag Manhattan, KS
Thanks Meter: 1
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retry2

QuickPic will do the job well. Its free on the play store.

Thanks, I'll give it a try.
18th June 2014, 03:40 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Manhattan, KS
Thanks Meter: 1
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blindmanpb

Uh, no?

I've never had this issue as long as I've used an image with a suitably high resolution. Since the display resolution on the tablet is 2560x1600, I'd recommend using a source image at least that large. Preferably larger, since it will crop it a little by default to properly format it for both portrait and landscape orientations.

This is an issue and I think you need to take a look better. If you setup a 2560x1600 image for your wallpaper you will be pushed to crop the image. Now you easily make the image look clean and crisp by cropping the image to the size of the photo and it looks wonderful BUTTTTTT if you flip your tablet long ways you will see the image for the wallpaper does not cover the full screen and instead your left with a black top and bottom border cause you image doesn't fit.

Now,,,,,,,,, let's go back to choosing a wallpaper again and when we are left with the option to crop but instead we don't crop like before but instead we make sure our crop markers show horizontal and diagonal view so that the image for the wallpaper will be seen covering no matter what angle we are using the tablet,,,,,,,, well guess what?????? Now your image has been blurred and looks like crap.

I don't know how long you have had your tablet but I've had mi he since the day it was released in stores. When the tablet came out this was an issue everyone was b***hing about non stop but now one wants to help me here. I cannot even find the write ups and threads from this issue anymore. There were threads where others had the same issue but your telling me 136 stupid idiots can view my post and thread and ignore to help as if nothing is wrong or they don't care?

What a useless forum and group of people here. Thanks to the two who replied. But this is an issue that had been addressed by everyone in the beginning too. This was also an issue with the previous Note 10.1 and also the 2014 edition. Its by fault Android which makes you crop.

Again look...
18th June 2014, 03:50 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Flag Manhattan, KS
Thanks Meter: 1
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blindmanpb

Uh, no?

I've never had this issue as long as I've used an image with a suitably high resolution. Since the display resolution on the tablet is 2560x1600, I'd recommend using a source image at least that large. Preferably larger, since it will crop it a little by default to properly format it for both portrait and landscape orientations.

You say you've have not had this issue? Look here.

http://www.droidviews.com/set-wallpa...hout-cropping/

And you say there is no issue and also 136 people ignore to reply that there is an issue.

I use to use Simple Image Wallpaper but it no longer works - app issue

Wallpaper Wizardrii and Image 2 Wallpaper are a waste.
Last edited by Lyric Kayden; 18th June 2014 at 03:55 AM.
18th June 2014, 06:02 AM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyric Kayden

You say you've have not had this issue? Look here.

http://www.droidviews.com/set-wallpa...hout-cropping/

And you say there is no issue and also 136 people ignore to reply that there is an issue.

I use to use Simple Image Wallpaper but it no longer works - app issue

Wallpaper Wizardrii and Image 2 Wallpaper are a waste.

Relax brother, android can be a bit of a crap shoot when it comes to stuff like this. Even on the same device, we're all running different roms/tweaks/dpi settings/etc. I can vouch that your issue affects my setup as well, but it may be different for some of the others here.

Seriously though, did quickpic work for you? If not I'll see if I can find something else that will since I can replicate the issue.
18th June 2014, 10:31 AM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member
Flag Manhattan, KS
Thanks Meter: 1
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retry2

Relax brother, android can be a bit of a crap shoot when it comes to stuff like this. Even on the same device, we're all running different roms/tweaks/dpi settings/etc. I can vouch that your issue affects my setup as well, but it may be different for some of the others here.

Seriously though, did quickpic work for you? If not I'll see if I can find something else that will since I can replicate the issue.

Thank you for recommending the app but unfortunately it didn't work. With images your given three options for wallpaper cropping which are photo, Google photos and Quickpic. Tried all three and same issue, it crops the images to the point your left with a blurry image.

Simple Image Wallpaper was the best and I miss having it work. No worry of cropping and worked in landscape and portrait mode.

Thanks for recommending Quickpic but still no fix.
18th June 2014, 10:54 AM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member
Flag Manhattan, KS
Thanks Meter: 1
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Guess what? Good news got it working with Simple Image Wallpaper but had to download the pro version for 99 cents to get it to work. Happy again. I recommend anyone having this issue to download it. You can now choose a different image for landscape and portrait separate or keep it the same. Doesn't blur the image, doesn't crop the image and uses the whole photo. I use 2560x1600 images which is the display is and I get a 2560x1600 wallpaper.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes