Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,262 Members 50,131 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Loosing recovery and root each time

Tip us?

H113408
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Loosing recovery and root each time

Hi everybody, I got my OPO: Chinese version basically came with ColorOS v2.1.0. I flashed the CM11S with the TWRP(first version) and encountered a lot of difficulties to flash the superSU.zip file. so I flashed the new version of TWRP(the one with friendly UI) and I was able to flash the superSU also. But Every time I do an update on CM11 (OTA) I loose both the root and the new recovery.

So my question is: Is there a way to keep the new version of TWRP and the root forever? I saw an option on Settings->developer Options-> Update CM Recovery but I'm not sure if it will change something.

PS: after flashing root and the new version of TWRP, I keep them after rebooting the phone. I only loose them when I update CM

Thanks in advance !!

badge2033
Old
Thanks Meter 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by H113408 View Post
Hi everybody, I got my OPO: Chinese version basically came with ColorOS v2.1.0. I flashed the CM11S with the TWRP(first version) and encountered a lot of difficulties to flash the superSU.zip file. so I flashed the new version of TWRP(the one with friendly UI) and I was able to flash the superSU also. But Every time I do an update on CM11 (OTA) I loose both the root and the new recovery.

So my question is: Is there a way to keep the new version of TWRP and the root forever? I saw an option on Settings->developer Options-> Update CM Recovery but I'm not sure if it will change something.

PS: after flashing root and the new version of TWRP, I keep them after rebooting the phone. I only loose them when I update CM

Thanks in advance !!
no there's no possibility, otas flash stock recovery and remove root by design.
you have to do it again after every ota.
that's how things are mate, you'll get used to it
Current: Galaxy S3 4G I9305
ROM: Stock rooted odexed Stripped XXBME3
Mods: Note 2 Camera mod by HyperX

Older Phones: SE [T610 > P900 > S700 > K750 > T910] > HTC Tattoo > Samsung Galaxy Note

i was a sony-ericsson fanatic until i felt they're loosing the sony and sinking into ericsson,
now that it's all sony another story can begin.
but not today, today is samsung day.

H113408
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by badge2033 View Post
I think that a script would be really interesting in this case, or maybe a little software like odin

epicnoob66
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Are you in the states? If so does LTE work with the Chinese version?

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

H113408
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by epicnoob66 View Post
Are you in the states? If so does LTE work with the Chinese version?

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I'm in China but i read somewhere that with flashing appropriate modem you can use it normally.

dankatz1
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by H113408 View Post

Thanks in advance !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by badge2033 View Post

In supersu app enable Survival Mode to "keep supersu access, even across OTA updates."

H113408
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankatz1 View Post
In supersu app enable Survival Mode to "keep supersu access, even across OTA updates."
That's not working because of an unknown reson I cannot istall superSu of Chainfire or ChainsDD. I can only use the one of ClockworkMod. And the option you mentionned above is not disponible in that app.