[Q] Full Wipe and Titanium Backup

OP Guids

18th June 2014, 11:06 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20

190 posts
hi guys,

I am a longterm flasher with older htcs, but new to htc one. I want to update and full wipe my Insertcoin Rom, i don't want to lose all of my apps and data, therefore i have made an titanmium backup.

Now I have read that htc had changed some things about the way directiories are handled when full wiping, maybe resulting in loosing everything on the phone.

my question:

Do i lose my backup from titanium in /sdcard/ when I do a full wipe?

thanks in advance
18th June 2014, 11:15 AM   |  #2  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 30

213 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guids

hi guys,

I am a longterm flasher with older htcs, but new to htc one. I want to update and full wipe my Insertcoin Rom, i don't want to lose all of my apps and data, therefore i have made an titanmium backup.

Now I have read that htc had changed some things about the way directiories are handled when full wiping, maybe resulting in loosing everything on the phone.

my question:

Do i lose my backup from titanium in /sdcard/ when I do a full wipe?

thanks in advance

If you have already unlocked bootloader, and what you are referring to as Full wipe is wiping data/cache and system via recovery (cwm/twrp) then you will not lose data on /data/data where TiBu backup files are located.
The Following User Says Thank You to madnav For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th June 2014, 11:19 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20

190 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madnav

If you have already unlocked bootloader, and what you are referring to as Full wipe is wiping data/cache and system via recovery (cwm/twrp) then you will not lose data on /data/data where TiBu backup files are located.

thank you for your quick reply and clarifying this topic!
18th June 2014, 11:51 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 2,996

6,038 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by madnav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guids

thank you for your quick reply and clarifying this topic!

small correction if I may, sdcard/internal storage redirects to /data/media/ (on android 4.1.2) or /data/media/0/ (on android 4.2.2+)
The Following User Says Thank You to nkk71 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread