Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,559 Members 52,556 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Full Wipe and Titanium Backup

Tip us?

Guids
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Question [Q] Full Wipe and Titanium Backup

hi guys,

I am a longterm flasher with older htcs, but new to htc one. I want to update and full wipe my Insertcoin Rom, i don't want to lose all of my apps and data, therefore i have made an titanmium backup.

Now I have read that htc had changed some things about the way directiories are handled when full wiping, maybe resulting in loosing everything on the phone.

my question:

Do i lose my backup from titanium in /sdcard/ when I do a full wipe?

thanks in advance

madnav
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guids View Post
hi guys,

I am a longterm flasher with older htcs, but new to htc one. I want to update and full wipe my Insertcoin Rom, i don't want to lose all of my apps and data, therefore i have made an titanmium backup.

Now I have read that htc had changed some things about the way directiories are handled when full wiping, maybe resulting in loosing everything on the phone.

my question:

Do i lose my backup from titanium in /sdcard/ when I do a full wipe?

thanks in advance
If you have already unlocked bootloader, and what you are referring to as Full wipe is wiping data/cache and system via recovery (cwm/twrp) then you will not lose data on /data/data where TiBu backup files are located.
The Following User Says Thank You to madnav For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Guids
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by madnav View Post
If you have already unlocked bootloader, and what you are referring to as Full wipe is wiping data/cache and system via recovery (cwm/twrp) then you will not lose data on /data/data where TiBu backup files are located.
thank you for your quick reply and clarifying this topic!

nkk71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2698
Quote:
Originally Posted by madnav View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guids View Post
thank you for your quick reply and clarifying this topic!
small correction if I may, sdcard/internal storage redirects to /data/media/ (on android 4.1.2) or /data/media/0/ (on android 4.2.2+)
The Following User Says Thank You to nkk71 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]