Turning off headset mode.

OP hackarchive

18th June 2014, 06:15 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Qingdao
Thanks Meter: 680

727 posts
More
Hello there for some reason my phone is in headset mode and I know this because I have the headphones icon up top.This mean I can't listen to music,call or hear anything through the phone's speakers unless I have headphones plugged in.It appears to be a hardware issue because I have done the usual factory resetting and everything else down to try cleaning the headphone port.Can anyone help suggest an app other than soundabout as it doesn't work with ART and is a little quirky for me?Also does anyone have such an app?I'm using an LG G2 D802 on 4.4.2.Thanks.
Last edited by hackarchive; 18th June 2014 at 06:20 AM.
18th June 2014, 07:26 AM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Qingdao
Thanks Meter: 680

727 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid2drummer

Did you get any liquid in it at any time? Try cleaning it ..if not a possible 're wipe system and data etc etc then try backup or reflash. If no go maybe try to utility LG flash tool back. I see you said you've tried this. But I mean take apart. Into the sleeve of the jack

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Free mobile app

was at the beach and after that I started experiencing this.I did all the above.The only option maybe repair but I'll like to know any other software alternative that may help avoid that.It's the same on every rom.After changing my run time to art it got fixed for a day and then came back.I'm torn!
18th June 2014, 12:43 PM   |  #3  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Atlantis
Thanks Meter: 4,268

6,962 posts
Donate to Me
More
I think sometimes wrong size 3.5 mm headphones do that to your phone's jack. There's a little metal strip inside the jack that gets bent and shorts out the Eject sensor. I had that happen on my phone.

I am afraid its hardware, and you do need repair. Any app will only give you limited respite.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread