Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,778 Members 52,279 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

My oppo find 7a wont OTA update

Tip us?

supernielsen
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default My oppo find 7a wont OTA update

Hello i have a problem and i where just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same think..

When i want to do the ota update it downloads it fine no problem, then it restarts and says installing update, afterwards it says update failed with no futher explanation.

I have been trying to do it five times or so..

The update is called: x9006_12.A.05_INT_005_140605

I have root if that makes any difference.

Zoltan-X
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Do you have a find 7a (X9006) or find 7? Have you installed a custom recovery? Why don't you install the ColorOS 1.2.1i stable? If you're not at stock recovery flash it and retry!

Cheers

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 7 mit Tapatalk

nifear4
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernielsen View Post
Hello i have a problem and i where just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same think..

When i want to do the ota update it downloads it fine no problem, then it restarts and says installing update, afterwards it says update failed with no futher explanation.

I have been trying to do it five times or so..

The update is called: x9006_12.A.05_INT_005_140605

I have root if that makes any difference.
This update is basically the same as ColorOS 1.2.1i. Just flash 1.2.1i. Another thing you can try is re-flashing your recovery. That seemed to fix it for me. And I too, have root.

supernielsen
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Sorry i have the find 7a With stock recovery and would actually like to get the OTA updates..

Sendt fra min X9006 med Tapatalk

DroidSK
Old
Thanks Meter 2
That is what zoltan indicated. Flash the stock recovery, run the update and then reflash your custom recovery.

Sent from my X9006 using Tapatalk

supernielsen
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
I have stock recovery i dont need custom recovery, so why flash stock recovery when its already on it... ? I really dont understand what you are suggesting..

Sendt fra min X9006 med Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to supernielsen For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]