Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,901 Members 52,836 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sony z2 from EE

Tip us?

The-Frighteners
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Sony z2 from EE

Hi i am sorry for my bad english. I have problem. I take phone from EE with contract for 24 months but i want to use it with sim card from Three mobile. The phone is locked i have the code for unlocking but they say you must wait 6 months to use the code. Is it have another way to unlock this phone? Fresh copy with kitkat or any other way? How can i remove everything from EE to unlock that phone? My other option is to give this phone to my mother and i must use the ****ing samsung s4. Any sugestions?

JackHanAnLG
Old
Thanks Meter 67
No. Also if you want to unlock your boot loader you'll have to take it back and buy a debranded z2 from phones4u or car phone whare house as they come unlocked and generally cheaper then EE

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app

christoph_2013
Old
Thanks Meter 27
why didnt you just buy the phone from Three if you wanted to use that network?

Confused...

The-Frighteners
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by christoph_2013 View Post
why didnt you just buy the phone from Three if you wanted to use that network?

Confused...
because i don`t have 590 pounds and they dont give me the phone with contract.

funky0308
Old
(Last edited by funky0308; 14th June 2014 at 07:48 PM.)
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 5,158

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Frighteners View Post
Hi i am sorry for my bad english. I have problem. I take phone from EE with contract for 24 months but i want to use it with sim card from Three mobile. The phone is locked i have the code for unlocking but they say you must wait 6 months to use the code. Is it have another way to unlock this phone? Fresh copy with kitkat or any other way? How can i remove everything from EE to unlock that phone? My other option is to give this phone to my mother and i must use the ****ing samsung s4. Any sugestions?
Flash 402 generic firmware and try that unlock code.

If that one won't work you can order one from web.
I unlocked Z1 that way, it was 25$ and it worked without any problems.

But, did you even tried to put sim from another carrier and insert that code when phone ask for it?

I really doubt they could do something like that.
They can say don't use it for the first six months but if you got code, who cares what did they said...
(you'll have to pay for 24 months but you can unlock it right away...)
Mostly, carrier will give you unlocking code after you contract is finished but if you already got it - try it, it'll probably work.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

The-Frighteners
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by funky0308 View Post
Flash 402 generic firmware and try that unlock code.

If that one won't work you can order one from web.
I unlocked Z1 that way, it was 25$ and it worked without any problems.

But, did you even tried to put sim from another carrier and insert that code when phone ask for it?

I really doubt they could do something like that.
They can say don't use it for the first six months but if you got code, who cares what did they said...
(you'll have to pay for 24 months but you can unlock it right away...)
Mostly, carrier will give you unlocking code after you contract is finished but if you already got it - try it, it'll probably work.

I try already 20 times meaby. I reset the phone also 10 times. I dont know if carrier have some way to lock the phone for six months. I also flash the phone now i dont have nothing from EE (apps) and it is still locked. My last option is to change my number with this one from EE but this sim is only with 2Gb i-net. And sh*t i use every month around 30Gb for that i want to unlock this phone but...anyway im gona change my number for six months.

skip24ftlb
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Ee altered the terms of your contract. For the first 6 months they still own the phone. Its been done to stop people selling their upgrade. Hence why you've got to wait six months

delsus
Old
Thanks Meter 861
The thing is people will get a phone on a contract, unlock said phone then use a different sim card. They will then not pay their original contract, this would mean the original carrier is paying for the phone without receiving any money for it (outside of the up front cost of the phone).
Device: Xperia Z2

ROM: Stock

Kernel: Stock