Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,422 Members 43,927 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can't enter stock recovery

Tip us?

brossma1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default Can't enter stock recovery

I have been trying to enter stock recovery mode with volume down and power button but all it does is power up the phone any suggestions would be greatly appreciated thanks in scanner

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using XDA Free mobile app

pradeepvizz
Old
Thanks Meter 621

DONATE TO ME
An easier way is to hit restart and start holding the volume down ( hold it even before it shuts down and keep holding it).

if that does not help Go to settings -> power, Turn off fastboot in there and try.

Other way is to do it from you computer if you have Adb setup, run command adb reboot-bootloader
HTC One MAX ||| HTC ONE > HOX+ > Nexus 7 > HOX > Xperia Arc > Xperia X10 Mini > K810 > K550 > K750
The Following User Says Thank You to pradeepvizz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

musicman625
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 325
Default none

Are you rooted with a custom rom? If you are just download Goo Manager and reboot from there.
If you don't put a theme on your phone, it could put you to sleep with the stock UI, I can help you with that

Wonders_Never_Cease
Old
Thanks Meter 456

DONATE TO ME
Reboot into bootloader, select recovery once it starts to enter recovery...its not volume down and power, its volume up and power, but its finicky so may take a few tries

Quote:
Originally Posted by brossma1 View Post
I have been trying to enter stock recovery mode with volume down and power button but all it does is power up the phone any suggestions would be greatly appreciated thanks in scanner

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Wonders_Never_Cease For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]