Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,054 Members 40,850 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Phone just for entertainment

Tip us?

oliverisboss
Old
(Last edited by PG101; 19th June 2014 at 12:38 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Smile Phone just for entertainment

Dear XDA,

I have an mt6589 phone and recently it just stopped detecting the network, after trying everything I realized there's no hope so i decided to use it as a phone just for games and entertainment. It's rooted.

I turned off messaging, calendar, and i accidentally turned off "phone" service because I confused it with dialer.
I use games, and browser and calculator.

Any recommendations to boost gaming performance or other tips?

Thank you

PS: i do not have a custom recovery installed because i fear i will brick my device, just granted root rights.

philos64
Old
(Last edited by philos64; 18th June 2014 at 03:50 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2629
Location: Somewhere between sky and sea in Brittany - XDA Assist Place

DONATE TO ME
If you want to boost your device for gaming, you need to change your native kernel by a another which one will allow you to be able to change the governor for a better fluidity => Android Development and Hacking > Miscellaneous Android Development > [KERNEL-3.4.67] MT6589 / MT6589M / MT6589T

But you will need to flash a custom recovery. For this you can go here => Android Development and Hacking > Miscellaneous Android Development > [RECOVERY][CWM][MT6589][ENGLISH] - CWM 6.0.2.8 for practically any MT6589 phone

If it's your intent to make more Ram available and cpu cycles, then point them to V6 Supercharger Mod by zeppelinrox
If you want more help about this solution, go here => Want to Overclock/Undervolt? by @Perseus71

Or as one of my colleague suggest me, you can use Titanium Backup for freeze all apps you don't need, but don't uninstall, you could have issues (FC) and be in trouble. Then you can unfreeze if needed. (thanks @KJ )

XDA Assist is the place where you can get help finding your way on XDA. This is not a support forum !!!
Click and go to XDA-Assist
DONT PM ME FOR QUESTIONS RELATED TO ROM, Ask in thread, it's better for all members- THANKS

Actual Devices : HTC One M8 - HTC One M7 //Google N7 Wifi - Google N7 2013 LTE
Retired Devices :HTC Hero-HTC Desire Z-HTC Desire S-HTC One X- N7 3G - Asus TF300T

The Following User Says Thank You to philos64 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe