Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay on … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Root

OP Latheman

18th June 2014, 08:03 AM   |  #31  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 6

206 posts
Just a comment to add and perhaps confuse others.
I have used House of Moto to upgrade from 4.1.2 to 4.4.2 last month.
My bootloader was unlocked previously and the phone was rooted as well.
After upgrading to 4.4.2, the bootloader warning disappeared and never came back. Samurai indicated that Motorola has changed something and so the warning no longer appears. I actually like this change.

The root - well I am not sure if it is still there, but as long as bootloader is unlocked I have control.
18th June 2014, 01:41 PM   |  #32  
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 475

1,424 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by s_u_n

Just a comment to add and perhaps confuse others.
I have used House of Moto to upgrade from 4.1.2 to 4.4.2 last month.
My bootloader was unlocked previously and the phone was rooted as well.
After upgrading to 4.4.2, the bootloader warning disappeared and never came back. Samurai indicated that Motorola has changed something and so the warning no longer appears. I actually like this change.

The root - well I am not sure if it is still there, but as long as bootloader is unlocked I have control.

Oh, they changed a lot more than just the logo for unlocked phones. They actually put the bootloader unlock exploit that Dan found last year back in the 4.4.2 upgrade. So, there has been a flurry of activity from Sam trying to get everyone with locked bootloaders to unlock, because this is a gift from the Moto Gods, albeit a gift they didn't mean to give!
18th June 2014, 04:06 PM   |  #33  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rapid City
Thanks Meter: 12

135 posts
More
I pulled up fast boot and it says Unlocked stats code 3 is this where I want to be to install a custom rom and recovery?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
18th June 2014, 04:15 PM   |  #34  
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 475

1,424 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheman

I pulled up fast boot and it says Unlocked stats code 3 is this where I want to be to install a custom rom and recovery?

Yup!

You are unlocked and free. Have at it, but there aren't any custom ROMs other than the nightlies for CM11 that I know of. But, at least you don't have to have an exploit to root anymore. Just sideload it via ADB and you're good to go from here until the end of life for your phone.

Welcome to the unlocked world. You won't regret it.
18th June 2014, 04:18 PM   |  #35  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rapid City
Thanks Meter: 12

135 posts
More
Thanks for putting up with a moto noob, I love moto RAZR's and having it unlocked is always nice to have

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread