Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,073 Members 40,966 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] No ThrottleService.smali

Tip us?

draygun28
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Post [Q] No ThrottleService.smali

For starters, my SGH-T999 is currently running the S3Rx rom.

I recently came across http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2057344 this thread regarding different mods. My rom already had the other 3 mods taken care of, so I wanted to take care of the last one: Removing throttle when I'm over my data cap.

I followed the instructions and decompiled the classes.dex and got to the directory where ThrottleService.smali should have been located, but that file wasn't there.

What does this mean? Does this mean that I won't have throttled service if I were to pass my data cap, or does it mean that I won't be able to apply the mod and have my data throttled?

Thanks in advance.

DocHoliday77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5159

DONATE TO ME
That was probably an ICS mod. Seriously doubt there is any way to avoid getting throttled. If there is, it would be MUCH different now. Chances are, its handled mostly on T-Mobiles side now anyway.
The Following User Says Thank You to DocHoliday77 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

draygun28
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77 View Post
That was probably an ICS mod. Seriously doubt there is any way to avoid getting throttled. If there is, it would be MUCH different now. Chances are, its handled mostly on T-Mobiles side now anyway.
Thanks for responding. I was looking for some closure on this issue.