Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] 4.4 KitKat for the i527M Canadian Model

OP fogtint

18th June 2014, 11:07 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
After getting help restoring the device, I'm now looking to see if/how I can flash 4.4 kitkat on my samsung mega 6.3 i527m. I've tried to install CM11 on it but i just get confused with the download links because they're so many different folders but they're all the same sort of file (CM11 4.4). Can someone show me a real simple tutorial on how to get TWRP on my phone and then flash CM11 on it or if I can't does anyone know when 4.4 will be shipping out to my phone model? Please and thank you!
18th June 2014, 01:16 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
Here's some quick instructions:

1) Root your device with Kingo Android Root. Make sure your phone is on debugging mode (about phone, tap the build name several times, it will activate developer menu)
2) Install Philz Recovery through Odin in download mode (Vol down+ Home button+ Power): [It seems to be less error with Philz Recovery on Knox affected Mega in my case, so I suggest you to use this one instead.]
3)Download the latest CM11 version. Go in ROM folder, then CM11, and choose the latest version.
4)Download GAPPS
5) Put the last two files on your internal SDcard.
6) Reboot to recovery (Vol up + Home button + Power).
7) Wipe data/cache.
8) Install CM11.
9) Install GAPPS.

That's it, enjoy!
The Following User Says Thank You to johndh1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th June 2014, 05:28 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johndh1

Here's some quick instructions:

1) Root your device with Kingo Android Root. Make sure your phone is on debugging mode (about phone, tap the build name several times, it will activate developer menu)
2) Install Philz Recovery through Odin in download mode (Vol down+ Home button+ Power): [It seems to be less error with Philz Recovery on Knox affected Mega in my case, so I suggest you to use this one instead.]
3)Download the latest CM11 version. Go in ROM folder, then CM11, and choose the latest version.
4)Download GAPPS
5) Put the last two files on your internal SDcard.
6) Reboot to recovery (Vol up + Home button + Power).
7) Wipe data/cache.
8) Install CM11.
9) Install GAPPS.

That's it, enjoy!

Thank you very much for the tutorial. I've done everything you've mentioned and its worked without a hitch!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread