No registration required

[Q] HTC ONE M8 Notification Badges

OP uvaisshah

17th June 2014, 12:16 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Hi Friends,

I have HTC ONE M8 AT&T phone. Whatsapp does not show notification badges. Also, email shows notification badge but when I get into the email and come out without reading email, the notification badge is gone though there are still unread messages. Can someone help fix this please.

Thanks & Regards,

Shah
18th June 2014, 05:32 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Developer
Flag Pittsburgh, PA
Thanks Meter: 2,167

2,087 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by uvaisshah

I have HTC ONE M8 AT&T phone. Whatsapp does not show notification badges. Also, email shows notification badge but when I get into the email and come out without reading email, the notification badge is gone though there are still unread messages. Can someone help fix this please.

If you are referring to the little number on the icon on the home screen... then there's nothing to fix. It's working as designed.

That isn't actually a stock android feature. HTC (and Samsung, LG, Motorola, etc) customizes their home screen launcher to display unread count "badges" for the apps that are built in (email, messages, etc), but couldn't possibly do so for other 3rd party apps. In the case of email, the badge clears when you go into the app regardless of the number of unread messages. (It's more of a "you have this many unread since you last opened the app.)

If you want more functionality, you could use a different launcher (such as Nova Launcher) and a plugin (telsaunread) that supports more badges. I have no idea if "Whatsapp" is supported by nova/telsaunread, but it shouldn't be too hard to figure it out.

Edit: I just checked and nova launcher with teslaunread does explicitly support whatsapp.

Gary
Last edited by garyd9; 18th June 2014 at 08:10 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread