Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,266 Members 41,860 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Phone won't charge

Tip us?

Gil Smash
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 41
Default Phone won't charge

All of a sudden, as in since Monday, my phone has stopped charging. Multiple cables and chargers still result in the same problem which is the phone things it's charging, status says "charging (ac)" but nothing is actually happening. The battery slowly goes down but the weirdest part is at 0% it will stay alive with the charger in but still not actually increase.... Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

airmaxx23
Old
Thanks Meter 940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil Smash View Post
All of a sudden, as in since Monday, my phone has stopped charging. Multiple cables and chargers still result in the same problem which is the phone things it's charging, status says "charging (ac)" but nothing is actually happening. The battery slowly goes down but the weirdest part is at 0% it will stay alive with the charger in but still not actually increase.... Any ideas?

Have you booted into recovery and clear dalvik and cache? Have you tried a factory reset?
*** Please don't forget to hit the "Thanks" button if someone has helped you ***

"I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in-between is mine"

Gil Smash
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by airmaxx23 View Post
Have you booted into recovery and clear dalvik and cache? Have you tried a factory reset?
Tried reinstalling the rom I'm running, Eclipse, and tried charging in safe strap and neither work

airmaxx23
Old
Thanks Meter 940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil Smash View Post
Tried reinstalling the rom I'm running, Eclipse, and tried charging in safe strap and neither work

I'd try finding a different battery and see if it charges that one. Stop at a local store and they will let you try one from a demo unit.
*** Please don't forget to hit the "Thanks" button if someone has helped you ***

"I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in-between is mine"

Gil Smash
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by airmaxx23 View Post
I'd try finding a different battery and see if it charges that one. Stop at a local store and they will let you try one from a demo unit.
I've actually got two and neither work. They charge in my standalone battery charger but not in the phone. I may try a different rom but that seems weird that I'd be the only one with the problem....