[Completed] HELP ZTE grand memo N5S not detect CDMA sim card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ragil1304

Sep 29, 2012
Hello everyone!

My mother was on China tour early May 2014, when she was in NingBo(china mainland)she bought a ZTE Smartphone Grand Memo N5S

This smartphone has 2 slots SIM card which is slot1 for 3GCDMA and slot 2 for GSM.

After Arriving from China Tour she tried to use the phone In Indonesia with 2 Sim Cards GSM and CDMA inserted, but unfortunately the CDMA not work* the SIM Card cannot be Detected but the GSM Work well.I was wondering why because the CDMA frequency In Indonesia is the same as frequency from china* and same as per ZTE specification (双网双待CDMA 800 GSM900/1800/1900), I then borrow china sim card from my chinese friend who works in Indonesia.

It works ! and CDMA slot card can detect the sim card from china and starts on roaming mode also able to send and recieve call from my local networks.

So the conlusion is the CDMA slot card is locked by provider which is China Telecom. I Need your help to a give me Sim card network code so that I can USE the CDMA phone here in Indonesia. I have tried 3 CDMA SIM cards from Indonesia which are Telkom Flexi, Smartfren and Esia but no one of them can be used in your ZTE Device N5S. Please help

Last edited by a moderator:

Perseus

Retired Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2011
Atlantis
In order to do Network Unlock, you will have to either contact China Mobile or look for an Unlock Code on Ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.