Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,489 Members 45,688 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Swap S/N and IMEI of two GSM HTC One M7s?

Tip us?

shalpp
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Swap S/N and IMEI of two GSM HTC One M7s?

So I've got two M7s, but one's got a bit of a scratch (you know the ones that are screen wide and have slightly bent the phone near the back?). Is there any possible way to swap out the S/N, P/N, and IMEI either by flashing or otherwise so I can claim the one for a screen repair under the guise of my newer phone? Or should I just be an honest man and just buy the components individually

nkk71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2696
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalpp View Post
So I've got two M7s, but one's got a bit of a scratch (you know the ones that are screen wide and have slightly bent the phone near the back?). Is there any possible way to swap out the S/N, P/N, and IMEI either by flashing or otherwise so I can claim the one for a screen repair under the guise of my newer phone? Or should I just be an honest man and just buy the components individually
afaik, changing/swapping IMEI's is illegal in most (if not all) countries, and i believe only the manufacturer has the right to do that.

Be honest!!

Ghost
Old
Forum Moderator / Recognized Themer / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3644
Thread closed,

The best thing to do is to simply send the device in for repair as is. At XDA we would never condone any actions that could void warranty etc.

Many thanks,

Ghost
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe