Nova Launcher Update Brings Lollipop Functionality and Feel

One of the most popular third party launcher on Android, Nova Launcher, has just … more

Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

Black Screen with new Apollo Safestrap Recovery v3.72

OP kuehni

17th June 2014, 09:14 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I have made a factory-reset of my Kindle hdx 8.9
I have root my Kindle (Firmware14.3.2.3.2) with Towelroot and have install SuperSU too. After that I installed the new Safetrape.When I install the Recovery and reboot to Recovery after reboot I get the Kindle-Logo for a short moment and then the screen gets black. No chance to create/select an plot or something. Only a reset (hold the On-Button for 20 sec) get the Kindle back to the original rom.
Any idea?
17th June 2014, 09:57 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 131

410 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuehni

I have made a factory-reset of my Kindle hdx 8.9
I have root my Kindle (Firmware14.3.2.3.2) with Towelroot and have install SuperSU too. After that I installed the new Safetrape.When I install the Recovery and reboot to Recovery after reboot I get the Kindle-Logo for a short moment and then the screen gets black. No chance to create/select an plot or something. Only a reset (hold the On-Button for 20 sec) get the Kindle back to the original rom.
Any idea?

Yup it's been like noted in several threads safestrap is not compatible with the newest firmware . Uninstall recovery and uninstall app
17th June 2014, 10:02 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 19

62 posts
Safestrap only works on firmware 14.3.1.0/ 13.3.1.0 at this point.

Sent from my KFTHWI using XDA Premium HD app
18th June 2014, 07:34 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

24 posts
Is there any way to downgrade from fw 14.3.2.3.2 to fw 14.3.1.0?
18th June 2014, 03:00 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 19

62 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgonzruiz

Is there any way to downgrade from fw 14.3.2.3.2 to fw 14.3.1.0?

Yes, there is a method but it's highly recommend that you wait for an updated version of safestrap.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2782159
Sent from my KFAPWI using XDA Free mobile app
18th June 2014, 05:15 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 131

410 posts
+1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptrsnshane

Yes, there is a method but it's highly recommend that you wait for an updated version of safestrap.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2782159
Sent from my KFAPWI using XDA Free mobile app

Look around here in the general section look around you will find all the bricks .. This device has a lock bootloader and no fast boot capabilities beware the recovery of this device is very difficult if not impossible if you screw up the wrong files at least currently
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread