Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,094 Members 50,002 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Black Screen with new Apollo Safestrap Recovery v3.72

Tip us?
 
kuehni
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Jan 2011
Default Black Screen with new Apollo Safestrap Recovery v3.72

I have made a factory-reset of my Kindle hdx 8.9
I have root my Kindle (Firmware14.3.2.3.2) with Towelroot and have install SuperSU too. After that I installed the new Safetrape.When I install the Recovery and reboot to Recovery after reboot I get the Kindle-Logo for a short moment and then the screen gets black. No chance to create/select an plot or something. Only a reset (hold the On-Button for 20 sec) get the Kindle back to the original rom.
Any idea?
 
jimyv
Old
#2  
jimyv's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 120
Posts: 362
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuehni View Post
I have made a factory-reset of my Kindle hdx 8.9
I have root my Kindle (Firmware14.3.2.3.2) with Towelroot and have install SuperSU too. After that I installed the new Safetrape.When I install the Recovery and reboot to Recovery after reboot I get the Kindle-Logo for a short moment and then the screen gets black. No chance to create/select an plot or something. Only a reset (hold the On-Button for 20 sec) get the Kindle back to the original rom.
Any idea?
Yup it's been like noted in several threads safestrap is not compatible with the newest firmware . Uninstall recovery and uninstall app
Please Hit (THANKS) If I Helped You
It's Free
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
ptrsnshane
Old
#3  
Member
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 49
Join Date: Dec 2013
Safestrap only works on firmware 14.3.1.0/ 13.3.1.0 at this point.

Sent from my KFTHWI using XDA Premium HD app
 
rgonzruiz
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 24
Join Date: Oct 2008
Is there any way to downgrade from fw 14.3.2.3.2 to fw 14.3.1.0?
 
ptrsnshane
Old
#5  
Member
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 49
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgonzruiz View Post
Is there any way to downgrade from fw 14.3.2.3.2 to fw 14.3.1.0?
Yes, there is a method but it's highly recommend that you wait for an updated version of safestrap.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2782159
Sent from my KFAPWI using XDA Free mobile app
 
jimyv
Old
#6  
jimyv's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 120
Posts: 362
Join Date: Jan 2012
Default +1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptrsnshane View Post
Yes, there is a method but it's highly recommend that you wait for an updated version of safestrap.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2782159
Sent from my KFAPWI using XDA Free mobile app
Look around here in the general section look around you will find all the bricks .. This device has a lock bootloader and no fast boot capabilities beware the recovery of this device is very difficult if not impossible if you screw up the wrong files at least currently
Please Hit (THANKS) If I Helped You
It's Free
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top 5 LG G3 MODs – XDA Developer TV

The LG G3 has been LG’s breakout hit of the summer. Using their knowledge frombuilding some … more

Make Your Calendar Widget Beautiful with Month

For some of us, summer vacation is alreadyover. For those getting ready to school, work, or … more

Integrate Social Networks Into Your Project With ASNE Library

Social network applications and services have developed into major parts ofour … more

Give Your Android Wear Device a Lock Screen with Lockable

Without a doubt,Android Wear is one of the most frequently talked abouttopics of … more