FORUMS

What Do You Think About Fingerprint Scanners?

More and more phones are featuring fingerprint scanners, and with many promising … more

What’s Next for Samsung and Its Flagships?

If we were to say that the Galaxy S6 was a leap of faith made by Samsung, we … more

The Ultimate Showcase of dBrand Skins

In the search for ways to protect, accessorize, and personalize; a user has many options. One … more

Huawei’s Rapid Rise to Third Place in the Smartphone Race

Huawei has quickly grown to become one of the world’s biggest … more

Problem with KNOX.

1,583 posts
Thanks Meter: 728
 
By nfsmw_gr, Senior Member on 18th June 2014, 05:47 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi, I had a screen issue today and got to a Samsung repair center after flashing stock rom and reseting the counter.
The Service center denied fixing my phone because I had KNOX Warranty Void 0x1.
Is there anything that can be done?
I've heard KNOX alone isn't supposed to give you warranty issues but that's not the case here.
Any user that Samsung fixed their phone with KNOX Warranty Void 0x1?
Could you share your experience?
Thanks.
 
 
18th June 2014, 06:54 PM |#2  
Joku1981's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 821
 
Donate to Me
More
You don't need create a new thread having this already opened:
[Q&A][i9505] Knox Q&A / Discussion Thread - ask questions here!
18th June 2014, 07:39 PM |#3  
nikzDHD's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 1,204
 
More
I can see your in Greece. Greece is part of the European Union. All EU members have 2 year warranties.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/b...ty-EU-law.html

Use that against them and they should listen and fix it. Worth a try. It's EU Law
The Following User Says Thank You to nikzDHD For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th June 2014, 09:40 PM |#4  
nfsmw_gr's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Salamina,Greece
Thanks Meter: 728
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joku1981

You don't need create a new thread having this already opened:
[Q&A][i9505] Knox Q&A / Discussion Thread - ask questions here!

I'm sorry about that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikzDHD

I can see your in Greece. Greece is part of the European Union. All EU members have 2 year warranties.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/b...ty-EU-law.html

Use that against them and they should listen and fix it. Worth a try. It's EU Law

Thank you! Really good tip!
You think they'll fix it even with knox?
19th June 2014, 09:36 AM |#5  
Senior Member
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 487
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikzDHD

I can see your in Greece. Greece is part of the European Union. All EU members have 2 year warranties.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/b...ty-EU-law.html

Use that against them and they should listen and fix it. Worth a try. It's EU Law

Almost correct, but incomplete.

Samsung doesn't have to give you 2 year warranty when you messed with the phone. The store where you bought it however, should fix the phone according to the EU Law. It's actually not called warranty but conformity of the product. Warranty is giving by Samsumg and conformity of the product is legally obligated to the store that sold you the phone. No rooting, flashing, can free them for fixing a hardware failure, that's not caused by yourself.

It's the store you bought it from you should claim your warranty.

I would however spam Samsung their Facebook and tell everyone how Samsung treaths their customers.

(I hope I translated everything correctly, but I think you will get my point).
The Following User Says Thank You to Lennyz1988 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th June 2014, 10:24 AM |#6  
nfsmw_gr's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Salamina,Greece
Thanks Meter: 728
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennyz1988

Almost correct, but incomplete.

Samsung doesn't have to give you 2 year warranty when you messed with the phone. The store where you bought it however, should fix the phone according to the EU Law. It's actually not called warranty but conformity of the product. Warranty is giving by Samsumg and conformity of the product is legally obligated to the store that sold you the phone. No rooting, flashing, can free them for fixing a hardware failure, that's not caused by yourself.

It's the store you bought it from you should claim your warranty.

I would however spam Samsung their Facebook and tell everyone how Samsung treaths their customers.

(I hope I translated everything correctly, but I think you will get my point).

Thank you so much!!!
Great advice!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes