Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,198 Members 40,643 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help with screen replacement

Tip us?

mikereno1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Help with screen replacement

I replaced the touch screen and LCD today and I am not sure what is wrong with it. It powers up fine but there are streaks up and down the screen where the LG logo is during the power up screen. After it starts up the screen gets whiter and whiter. Turn it back off and then on again and it looks normal, and then after about 4 seconds starts to get lighter and lighter until about 12 seconds in everything is very white and washed out, almost unusable. Touch screen works fine and then if i turn the screen off and on again the same thing happens.

Did I get a bad LCD? Could this be from a bad connection? Help

sclarktay4
Old
Thanks Meter 141
Try bad connection first. Mine did some thing till a reconnect

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Current Device
Phone - LG G2
Rom - OpTimuS DE V2.3{Furnace Kernel}{Stock Optimized}
Baseband - ZVC

Old Phone
Phone - Samsung Epic 4G Touch
Rom - Re-Calked in Jellybean ROM V1.4
Baseband - GB27

that_guy_right_there
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikereno1 View Post
I replaced the touch screen and LCD today and I am not sure what is wrong with it. It powers up fine but there are streaks up and down the screen where the LG logo is during the power up screen. After it starts up the screen gets whiter and whiter. Turn it back off and then on again and it looks normal, and then after about 4 seconds starts to get lighter and lighter until about 12 seconds in everything is very white and washed out, almost unusable. Touch screen works fine and then if i turn the screen off and on again the same thing happens.

Did I get a bad LCD? Could this be from a bad connection? Help
Not sure if LCD's are different but a buddy of mines just replaced his screen and screen shows nothing, no image at all just sound. He took it to a pro shop instead to see if perhaps something got damage in the process. Hope is that and not the screen itself

dani_cord
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sclarktay4 View Post
Try bad connection first. Mine did some thing till a reconnect

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
+1