Ask a question

No registration required

Help with screen replacement

OP mikereno1

3rd June 2014, 06:29 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
I replaced the touch screen and LCD today and I am not sure what is wrong with it. It powers up fine but there are streaks up and down the screen where the LG logo is during the power up screen. After it starts up the screen gets whiter and whiter. Turn it back off and then on again and it looks normal, and then after about 4 seconds starts to get lighter and lighter until about 12 seconds in everything is very white and washed out, almost unusable. Touch screen works fine and then if i turn the screen off and on again the same thing happens.

Did I get a bad LCD? Could this be from a bad connection? Help
4th June 2014, 09:50 PM   |  #2  
Flag Here
Thanks Meter: 141

541 posts
More
Try bad connection first. Mine did some thing till a reconnect

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
5th June 2014, 09:07 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 10

21 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikereno1

I replaced the touch screen and LCD today and I am not sure what is wrong with it. It powers up fine but there are streaks up and down the screen where the LG logo is during the power up screen. After it starts up the screen gets whiter and whiter. Turn it back off and then on again and it looks normal, and then after about 4 seconds starts to get lighter and lighter until about 12 seconds in everything is very white and washed out, almost unusable. Touch screen works fine and then if i turn the screen off and on again the same thing happens.

Did I get a bad LCD? Could this be from a bad connection? Help

Not sure if LCD's are different but a buddy of mines just replaced his screen and screen shows nothing, no image at all just sound. He took it to a pro shop instead to see if perhaps something got damage in the process. Hope is that and not the screen itself
18th June 2014, 06:48 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1

21 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sclarktay4

Try bad connection first. Mine did some thing till a reconnect

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

+1
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread