Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,785 Members 47,173 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Chromecast and netflix

Tip us?

shane1981
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 57
Default Chromecast and netflix

Anyone know how to play two differant movies on two differant chromecast at the same time from the same device .every since the net flix update i cant choose two differant chromecasts frome one device.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Free mobile app

bhiga
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 819

DONATE TO ME
Seems you cannot. Netflix remembers what the device was playing and where, so even if you reboot the device it will return to the same state. Switching profiles disconnects Chromecast, so that doesn't work either.

Long story short, one device can watch one video. Chromecast does not count as a "device" - it's just an extended screen for the controlling device, which follows the DIAL model.
Chromecast threads: FAQ - READ THIS FIRST! / Rootable Serial Numbers | Root Mini-FAQ | FlashCast flashing Mini-FAQ
BYO powered OTG cable | WiFi Bandwidth and Router considerations | Not all 1080p/720p is same
Search Tip: Google search terms site:forum.xda-developers.com for only XDA forum results. Example
Follow the rules / Use 'Search' before posting / Post in the correct sections / Do not spam the board / Press thanks, don't post 'Thanks'

ingenious247
Old
Thanks Meter 569
This might work..

Create a second account on the device (2nd Android account) and a 2nd profile in Netflix
Install Netflix on the 2nd Android account

On the 1st (main) Android account, get your movie of choice going and then reboot your phone so that it is no longer connected

When the phone reboots, log into the 2nd Android account, open Netflix, connect to the other Chromecast and see if that works. You'd be oln a separate Android profile, separate Netflix profile, separate Chromecast. It might work

bhiga
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 819

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ingenious247 View Post
When the phone reboots, log into the 2nd Android account, open Netflix, connect to the other Chromecast and see if that works. You'd be oln a separate Android profile, separate Netflix profile, separate Chromecast. It might work
Good idea. I definitely know it does not work on the same Android profile.
Chromecast threads: FAQ - READ THIS FIRST! / Rootable Serial Numbers | Root Mini-FAQ | FlashCast flashing Mini-FAQ
BYO powered OTG cable | WiFi Bandwidth and Router considerations | Not all 1080p/720p is same
Search Tip: Google search terms site:forum.xda-developers.com for only XDA forum results. Example
Follow the rules / Use 'Search' before posting / Post in the correct sections / Do not spam the board / Press thanks, don't post 'Thanks'