Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,427 Members 42,301 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Request help & advice on buying a used NOTE 3

Tip us?
 
wilspeak
Old
#1  
wilspeak's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 184
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: ga
Smile Request help & advice on buying a used NOTE 3

Hello my fellow Note 3 friends , I am looking into buying a Verizon Note 3 from Swappa. What I need to know is , can a UNLOCKED Verizon Note 3 be activated on GSM networks like ( ATT ) or is it only the UNLOCKED international Note 3's that can only be ported over to different networks like Verizon CDMA and or ATT GSM networks ? and what are the differences ? , which device do you think is best to buy ? Thank You in advance for any help that you can give me .
EACH 1 TEACH 1
 
mirrin
Old
(Last edited by mirrin; 17th June 2014 at 09:49 AM.)
#2  
mirrin's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 76
Posts: 551
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilspeak View Post
Hello my fellow Note 3 friends , I am looking into buying a Verizon Note 3 from Swappa. What I need to know is , can a UNLOCKED Verizon Note 3 be activated on GSM networks like ( ATT ) or is it only the UNLOCKED international Note 3's that can only be ported over to different networks like Verizon CDMA and or ATT GSM networks ? and what are the differences ? , which device do you think is best to buy ? Thank You in advance for any help that you can give me .
Verizon does not SIM lock their phones so yes you can put an att or t mobile SIM in and have phone service but.... not full data support

att only hspa+ and phone work so phone and 3.5g data
on t mobile band 4 lte for 4G phone and h+ work

the t mobile note 3 is the one you want it has a unlockable bootloader
HTC Droid Incredible slcd (retired)
Samsung Galaxy S3 pebble blue
Rom: hell fire 3.0 kk
kernel: Ktoonsez
Galaxy tab 3 7"
Rooted waiting for roms
Asus memo smart 10
Omni nightly kk
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Rom: hyper drive rls8
Knox 0x0
 
wilspeak
Old
#3  
wilspeak's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 184
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: ga
I appreciate your response , I wished that I could get and use the t mobile note 3 , but tmobile does not work where I live at and I am on verizon unlimited data now and dont want to give that up because of the tethering capabilities. Thank you for your help.
EACH 1 TEACH 1
 
mirrin
Old
(Last edited by mirrin; 17th June 2014 at 12:53 PM.)
#4  
mirrin's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 76
Posts: 551
Join Date: Feb 2011
Same here I got the vzw note 3 I made sure to get a rooted without tripped Knox since developer models are either rare or expensive.

That said the Verizon models while locked down are not locked SIM wise and can in global mode go to any other carrier but the connectivity that they have is phone and 3g guaranteed 4G is a maybe
HTC Droid Incredible slcd (retired)
Samsung Galaxy S3 pebble blue
Rom: hell fire 3.0 kk
kernel: Ktoonsez
Galaxy tab 3 7"
Rooted waiting for roms
Asus memo smart 10
Omni nightly kk
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Rom: hyper drive rls8
Knox 0x0
 
wilspeak
Old
#5  
wilspeak's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 184
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: ga
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrin View Post
Same here I got the vzw note 3 I made sure to get a rooted without tripped Knox since developer models are either rare or expensive.

That said the Verizon models while locked down are not locked SIM wise and can in global mode go to any other carrier but the connectivity that they have is phone and 3g guaranteed 4G is a maybe
Hello mirrin , what may I ask is " tripped Knox"? And I do plan on rooting the note 3 , all of my android devices are rooted & rom. Thank You
EACH 1 TEACH 1
 
mirrin
Old
#6  
mirrin's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 76
Posts: 551
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilspeak View Post
Hello mirrin , what may I ask is " tripped Knox"? And I do plan on rooting the note 3 , all of my android devices are rooted & rom. Thank You
Knox is a security suite both hardware and software that we don't want when tripped the warranty on ours phones is supposed to be void and it gives nasty messages like unauthorized software is generally something you don't want to have tripped. At this point in time we have no method to reset it either.
HTC Droid Incredible slcd (retired)
Samsung Galaxy S3 pebble blue
Rom: hell fire 3.0 kk
kernel: Ktoonsez
Galaxy tab 3 7"
Rooted waiting for roms
Asus memo smart 10
Omni nightly kk
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Rom: hyper drive rls8
Knox 0x0
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


CyanogenMod 11 M10 Available for Supported Devices

Summer vacation isover for most students out there, and it’s the time to get back to … more

XDA Forums Added for the First Batch of Android One Devices!

Just yesterday, we talked about the highly anticipated launch of the first batch … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: DonkeyGuard, Don’t Be a Donkey, Control Your Device – XDA Developer TV

Some applications ask for the world … more

Use Facebook Pictures as a LWP with Facebook View

One of the best things that Android has always offeredits users is the ability to tailor … more