How to Control Both Moto G and Moto E LEDs

Notification LEDs offer a great way to check for notification at a glance on the Moto G (2013) and … more

LG G3 Receives Oversharpening Fix via Modified Kernel

Nothing is perfect, as they say. No matter how alluring or seemingly perfect, … more

APKTool Updated with Android Lollipop Support

One of the beauties of Android is the level of flexibility we have over our devices. Whether … more

Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Request help & advice on buying a used NOTE 3

OP wilspeak

16th June 2014, 09:47 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag ga
Thanks Meter: 13

190 posts
More
Hello my fellow Note 3 friends , I am looking into buying a Verizon Note 3 from Swappa. What I need to know is , can a UNLOCKED Verizon Note 3 be activated on GSM networks like ( ATT ) or is it only the UNLOCKED international Note 3's that can only be ported over to different networks like Verizon CDMA and or ATT GSM networks ? and what are the differences ? , which device do you think is best to buy ? Thank You in advance for any help that you can give me .
17th June 2014, 10:47 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 76

555 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilspeak

Hello my fellow Note 3 friends , I am looking into buying a Verizon Note 3 from Swappa. What I need to know is , can a UNLOCKED Verizon Note 3 be activated on GSM networks like ( ATT ) or is it only the UNLOCKED international Note 3's that can only be ported over to different networks like Verizon CDMA and or ATT GSM networks ? and what are the differences ? , which device do you think is best to buy ? Thank You in advance for any help that you can give me .

Verizon does not SIM lock their phones so yes you can put an att or t mobile SIM in and have phone service but.... not full data support

att only hspa+ and phone work so phone and 3.5g data
on t mobile band 4 lte for 4G phone and h+ work

the t mobile note 3 is the one you want it has a unlockable bootloader
Last edited by mirrin; 17th June 2014 at 10:49 AM.
17th June 2014, 12:51 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag ga

190 posts
More
I appreciate your response , I wished that I could get and use the t mobile note 3 , but tmobile does not work where I live at and I am on verizon unlimited data now and dont want to give that up because of the tethering capabilities. Thank you for your help.
17th June 2014, 01:46 PM   |  #4  

555 posts
More
Same here I got the vzw note 3 I made sure to get a rooted without tripped Knox since developer models are either rare or expensive.

That said the Verizon models while locked down are not locked SIM wise and can in global mode go to any other carrier but the connectivity that they have is phone and 3g guaranteed 4G is a maybe
Last edited by mirrin; 17th June 2014 at 01:53 PM.
17th June 2014, 04:34 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag ga

190 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrin

Same here I got the vzw note 3 I made sure to get a rooted without tripped Knox since developer models are either rare or expensive.

That said the Verizon models while locked down are not locked SIM wise and can in global mode go to any other carrier but the connectivity that they have is phone and 3g guaranteed 4G is a maybe

Hello mirrin , what may I ask is " tripped Knox"? And I do plan on rooting the note 3 , all of my android devices are rooted & rom. Thank You
18th June 2014, 07:40 PM   |  #6  

555 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilspeak

Hello mirrin , what may I ask is " tripped Knox"? And I do plan on rooting the note 3 , all of my android devices are rooted & rom. Thank You

Knox is a security suite both hardware and software that we don't want when tripped the warranty on ours phones is supposed to be void and it gives nasty messages like unauthorized software is generally something you don't want to have tripped. At this point in time we have no method to reset it either.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread