REQ/HELP Theming Notifications Bar in Galaxy Tab 3 10.1

Search This thread

LegendSmoker

Apr 9, 2012
Hallo I just wanted to know is somebody out there who can help me to theme stock status bar in 4.2.2 ? I want to theme my status bar dark like s4 or any other Samsung device

I'm stuck on Notification Line and Clock button/line and settings button and expended settings button.

Pic is in Attachments

Attachments

• drei-samsung-galaxy-tab-3-21-950x593.jpg
    drei-samsung-galaxy-tab-3-21-950x593.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 42

mzheng086

May 2, 2014
torronto
One option is to root it, install Xposed-framework, and then install WanamXposed. There are theming options in WanamXposed.

The other option is, if you copy /system/app/SystemUI.apk to your desktop, and inspect it with WinRAR or 7-Zip, you will see a folder (in the archive) named "res". Under that folder there are several subfolders whose names start with "drawable". In these folders you will find *.png files related to theming. Simply replace these png files with the files you want. For example, you can replace them with dark-themed png files obtained from the stock rom of galaxy s4. (But make sure these png files are of the same resolution, just to be on the safe side). After you finished modifying the apk archive, make a backup of the original /system/app/SystemUI.apk, boot into TWRP recovery, and use file manager to replace the original apk with the one you modified. And then wipe cache and dalvik cache, and then you are all set. This works on my tab, and so it should work on yours. If it doesn't, you can always restore your backup. Cheers

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 01:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 AM ----------

BTW, just curious. Are you using P5220 or P5200? Does your tab have 2gm ram?

Last edited:
Reactions: dsilx

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    One option is to root it, install Xposed-framework, and then install WanamXposed. There are theming options in WanamXposed.

The other option is, if you copy /system/app/SystemUI.apk to your desktop, and inspect it with WinRAR or 7-Zip, you will see a folder (in the archive) named "res". Under that folder there are several subfolders whose names start with "drawable". In these folders you will find *.png files related to theming. Simply replace these png files with the files you want. For example, you can replace them with dark-themed png files obtained from the stock rom of galaxy s4. (But make sure these png files are of the same resolution, just to be on the safe side). After you finished modifying the apk archive, make a backup of the original /system/app/SystemUI.apk, boot into TWRP recovery, and use file manager to replace the original apk with the one you modified. And then wipe cache and dalvik cache, and then you are all set. This works on my tab, and so it should work on yours. If it doesn't, you can always restore your backup. Cheers

---------- Post added at 01:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 AM ----------

BTW, just curious. Are you using P5220 or P5200? Does your tab have 2gm ram?