Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,130 Members 52,781 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Unknown Ringtone on 4.4.2

Tip us?

nichiyoubi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Unknown Ringtone on 4.4.2

Hi

I've been experiencing a weird problem with 681 firmware.

When I turn on my phone from charging I noticed my ringtone is reverting back to default (I'm only assuming it's the default tone because it's sony's notification and ringtone) and it's displaying the ringtone's I originally set as 'Unknown Ringtone'

I'm using ES File Explorer to set the notification and ringtone because Sony's sound picker doesn't read from the SD Card.

I'm on LB and non-rooted.

xXFlippyXx
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by nichiyoubi View Post
Hi

I've been experiencing a weird problem with 681 firmware.

When I turn on my phone from charging I noticed my ringtone is reverting back to default (I'm only assuming it's the default tone because it's sony's notification and ringtone) and it's displaying the ringtone's I originally set as 'Unknown Ringtone'

I'm using ES File Explorer to set the notification and ringtone because Sony's sound picker doesn't read from the SD Card.

I'm on LB and non-rooted.
I can pick music out of my sd card flawlessly in 4.4.2

nichiyoubi
Old
(Last edited by nichiyoubi; 25th March 2014 at 12:28 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Are you using any sony's sound picker or are you using another app to do that for you?

Edit: I think I got it. It seems that clearing the app data for ES file explorer does the trick. I've retrieved my apps via backup since upgrading to KK so I think I'll need to clear the data of every app to make sure it functions properly in KK

McBOeric
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I also had this same issue.
Clearing the ES File Explorer data under apps changed nothing, so I had to uninstall ES File Explorer and then restart the phone before I was able to change ring tones once again.

Thanks for the pointer to get it working again.

anay3000
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Lightbulb Usb mtp / msc???

Are you charging using the regular charger or a usb cable connected to a computer?
the USB connection is most probably MSC, i.e. as a mass storage device. which is why the ringtones are reverting to the default ones since when usb is connected, the sd card no longer be read by the phone.

change usb mode to MTP, and see the difference! ooh, and check if smart connect has any events set for the charger connect / disconnect events as well...