FORUMS

Earthquake Early Warning in Your Pocket

Probably all of us reading this have a smartphone in our pocket. For many of us, the … more

Sony: The OEM You Want To Save

In our recent Discuss article, we asked you readers on which OEM you would like to help. While the … more

How to Lock and Protect Your Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

The smartphone revolution has passed. Everybody has mobile apps. Some of … more

Which OEM Would You Like to Help?

Most manufacturers have moments of greatness and moments of decadence, and in the past few years … more

[Q] Replaceing Svoice with Google TTS?

651 posts
Thanks Meter: 159
 
By raiu, Senior Member on 17th June 2014, 04:15 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I could have sworn that I saw you could change svoice to use the google tts service some where. You didn't need to root the watch but needed a rooted phone which I have now.

Or am I going crazy and seeing posts in my dreams? lol
 
 
17th June 2014, 09:55 PM |#2  
NickNothom's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raiu

I could have sworn that I saw you could change svoice to use the google tts service some where. You didn't need to root the watch but needed a rooted phone which I have now.

Or am I going crazy and seeing posts in my dreams? lol

This would be awesome. S Voice's feedback makes me nauseous.
17th June 2014, 10:09 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 202
 
More
I've done it, my phone is currently using the google female voice and my girlfriends gear 2 is using the horrible samsung one. The problem is I don't know how exactly I did it. But start here:

From the phone open settings
Click language and input
Scroll all the way to the bottom and click text to speech options
Select google instead of samsung
Click the gear button to the right of the google selection
Click install voice data
Then english (united states)
Then select "female (high quality)"

Let it finish downloading and try s voice from the watch again. You should hear the google voice instead. Thats all I did and now have the google voice. I think thats all I did lol
18th June 2014, 03:14 PM |#4  
raiu's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 159
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by seh6183

I've done it, my phone is currently using the google female voice and my girlfriends gear 2 is using the horrible samsung one. The problem is I don't know how exactly I did it. But start here:

From the phone open settings
Click language and input
Scroll all the way to the bottom and click text to speech options
Select google instead of samsung
Click the gear button to the right of the google selection
Click install voice data
Then english (united states)
Then select "female (high quality)"

Let it finish downloading and try s voice from the watch again. You should hear the google voice instead. Thats all I did and now have the google voice. I think thats all I did lol

Weird, ive done all that and it doesn't work
18th June 2014, 04:03 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 202
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raiu

Weird, ive done all that and it doesn't work

Check your version of s voice. Mine is 11.2.2.033234 (r1) Also go to samsung apps and update everything.
18th June 2014, 07:19 PM |#6  
raiu's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 159
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by seh6183

Check your version of s voice. Mine is 11.2.2.033234 (r1) Also go to samsung apps and update everything.

Yep, same vers, everything is updated too oh well. thanks tho!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes