Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,646 Members 46,281 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Moto G won't turn on :(

Tip us?

fab0004
Old
(Last edited by fab0004; 18th June 2014 at 08:18 AM.) Reason: More info.
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Moto G won't turn on :(

Hey guys, something happened to my Moto G this morning and now it won't turn on. This has happened to me previously as well where the battery drained and charging it sorted the problem out.
But this time the battery was fully charged and now it won't turn on, neither does the screen light up when I connect it to the charger (with the 0% battery logo).
Something to note - I got an update from the play store for Motorola Boot Services. My phone restarted once and showed me the new boot animation (World Cup). Then it just went dead. Not sure if this has to do something with it.
I was running stock with an unlocked bootloader, root and twrp. XT1033 dual SIM.

Any suggestions will be appreciated. Any way to at least get the phone back to stock so I can take it back to Motorola.

AXDFREEDOM
Old
Thanks Meter 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by fab0004 View Post
Hey guys, something happened to my Moto G this morning and now it won't turn on. This has happened to me previously as well where the battery drained and charging it sorted the problem out.
But this time the battery was fully charged and now it won't turn on, neither does the screen light up when I connect it to the charger (with the 0% battery logo).
Something to note - I got an update from the play store for Motorola Boot Services. My phone restarted once and showed me the new boot animation (World Cup). Then it just went dead. Not sure if this has to do something with it.
I was running stock with an unlocked bootloader, root and twrp. XT1033 dual SIM.

Any suggestions will be appreciated. Any way to at least get the phone back to stock so I can take it back to Motorola.
if u have a custom recovery u cant do system update.
i dont have your phone but remember this.
motorola release update throught playstore?

another thing could be a battery problem but idk
no recovery?no fastboot?nothing boot?
LG L5 E610 KITKAT 4.4.4 CYANOGENMOD11 - Here to learn! OptimaTeam
Ask/Reply me, I was born to help you! Please THANKS ME

fab0004
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AXD96 View Post
if u have a custom recovery u cant do system update.
i dont have your phone but remember this.
motorola release update throught playstore?

another thing could be a battery problem but idk
no recovery?no fastboot?nothing boot?
The phone just won't turn on. Not even bootloader mode. Strangely the phone feels warm as if it is being used. I'm going to let it stay and hopefully it will completely drain out and then I'll try charging it.

Azarielz
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
The phone just won't turn on. Not even bootloader mode. Strangely the phone feels warm as if it is being used. I'm going to let it stay and hopefully it will completely drain out and then I'll try charging it.
Try to press the power button for 120 sec, it should boot up.

fab0004
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azarielz View Post
Try to press the power button for 120 sec, it should boot up.
Tried it. No luck. Thanks. Just wished the battery was removable

Azarielz
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Tried it. No luck. Thanks. Just wished the battery was removable
Try again, with the device connected to the charger. This should perform a reset and a force boot, so it's just like removing the battery, If no luck, try to recover your bootloader by following this guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2623587

kirmr
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Press power and volume down keys for about 30-45 seconds and then release. This will turn of the device and then reboot to bootloader automatically. If this doesnt work, it should be a problem with the screen.

liveroy
Old
Thanks Meter 49

DONATE TO ME
I've updated my boot services today and it didn't cause any trouble so far.
My advice is to leave it for few hours on the charger if it's really showing the charging picture and it shows 0% there.
Mental issues lead to the use of long signatures

Care much for receiving Thanks?Bitching at the others about it doesn't help, instead better stfu and gtfo.

Tags
dead, moto g, motorola boot services