FORUMS

How a HTC Droid Eris Changed a Members Life

Rarely can a member say that Android development or XDA had a profound effect on … more

XDA Office Space: Frankenstein’s Perfect IM Client?

The portal’s decentralized XDA office lies in a Hangouts chatroom, where … more

Which IM Client on Android is best?

With so many different messengers to choose from, it can be tough to find the best one for you and … more

Android Factory Reset Security Flaw and More – XDA TV

Nvidia is releasing a 500Gb SHIELD TV Pro! That and much more news is … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] S5 Active Rooted - Major Battery Drain

16th June 2014, 06:30 PM |#1  
DrSeussFreak's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Highland Park, IL
Thanks Meter: 131
 
Donate to Me
More
I rooted my S5 Active yesterday with towelroot.com provided by @geohot. Since rooting I am experiencing a dramatic battery issue where it is draining within 4 hours and even while plugged in. Any thoughts?
 
 
16th June 2014, 09:02 PM |#2  
fillyo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 63
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSeussFreak

I rooted my S5 Active yesterday with towelroot.com provided by @geohot. Since rooting I am experiencing a dramatic battery issue where it is draining within 4 hours and even while plugged in. Any thoughts?

Worse case scenario is a factor reset, usually does the trick.
16th June 2014, 09:10 PM |#3  
DrSeussFreak's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Highland Park, IL
Thanks Meter: 131
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fillyo

Worse case scenario is a factor reset, usually does the trick.

Yea, was trying to avoid this as I just got the damn thing up and running.
17th June 2014, 01:54 AM |#4  
DrSeussFreak's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Highland Park, IL
Thanks Meter: 131
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSeussFreak

Yea, was trying to avoid this as I just got the damn thing up and running.

This thread can be closed, I factory reset, and all is well
18th June 2014, 02:37 PM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSeussFreak

This thread can be closed, I factory reset, and all is well

Hey friend.!
I have the same problem as you had .
Im a noob about android os (ex ios user). I factory reset my s5 too . 1. Should i restore the backup after factory reset and then root it with towelroot or should i factory reset then root the device and
then restore my back up? Thanks
18th June 2014, 05:17 PM |#6  
JohnKuczek's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Central Ohio
Thanks Meter: 47
 
Donate to Me
More
After rooting my S5 I also had a battery drain, but I found that the cause was the updated Amazon Music app. After freezing it with TiBU, everything returned to normal.
18th June 2014, 06:04 PM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnKuczek

After rooting my S5 I also had a battery drain, but I found that the cause was the updated Amazon Music app. After freezing it with TiBU, everything returned to normal.

how can you find the draining apps? is there a application that finds out your battery consumption?
18th June 2014, 07:34 PM |#8  
JohnKuczek's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Central Ohio
Thanks Meter: 47
 
Donate to Me
More
Battery Full
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcourb

how can you find the draining apps? is there a application that finds out your battery consumption?

I found it in the basic Android battery monitor: Settings -> Device -> Battery

It also showed up noticably in Better Battery Stats and Wakelock Detector.
18th June 2014, 07:37 PM |#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnKuczek

I found it in the basic Android battery monitor: Settings -> Device -> Battery

It also showed up noticably in Better Battery Stats and Wakelock Detector.

thanks for the reply. i'll take a look at those apps and already factory reseted my device
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Verizon Galaxy S 5 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank