Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,778 Members 52,417 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] note 3 straight talk speed issues

Tip us?

UberOriginal
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] note 3 straight talk speed issues

Hey all, I have the Verizon Note 3 now on the straight talk network. I used their multi sim card kit. After speaking to the 30+th straight talk representative I got it online. With what I believe are all the proper settings. The Note worked fine for the first week or two, but now my speeds are less than a Megabit. I am having a hard time even streaming from my Google Music. It switches from H to H+ all the time, I don't know much about the hspa technology other than the small bit I've read online, but I thought it was supposed to be more advanced/better than 4g. Is it just less supported? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, let me know what info is needed.

Also I'm curious how system updates should work, or if there are any radio updates. Please share any knowledge with this note noob.

moejoe88
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I used to be on straight talk and I can tell you, even though they advertise unlimited data, it's really not. After you reach a two gig threshold they throttle you down. That may be what's happened to you. Although they usually send a text or email first.

jr_718
Old
(Last edited by jr_718; 29th May 2014 at 12:31 PM.)
Thanks Meter 756
They've changed it to 3GB.After 3GB, your speed is throttled but its still unlimited.. text 611611 and type USAGE it tells you how much data you've used. .

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Zueski
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Are u using the AT&T Sim or tmobile?

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

jr_718
Old
Thanks Meter 756
AT&T. .better coverage than t-mobile

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

UberOriginal
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default reply

I believe I have to be using the tmobile because I'm on hspda? Isn't that supposed to me the more advanced tech? I can't deal with these speeds now though, I don't have wifi in or around my house. If I am to switch to the at&t sim, what settings do I need to change?