Safestrap and /osh Mount Error

OP aszelinski

7th February 2014, 03:53 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Waldoboro
Thanks Meter: 6

29 posts
More
This is an FYI since I had a heck of a time Googleing the answer and the answer was in Russian. I did not see it anywhere here sooo...
If you are using Safestrap 3.65 (latest version as of now) on a Droid 4 and you are flashing KitKat you get a /osh mount error...
Uninstall Safestrap Recovery, then uninstall Safestrap. Download Safestrap 3.11 and install with that. I no longer get the /osh error when flashing KitKat.
I did it from a reflashed Stock image so I have no idea if you will be able to recover any ROM-Slots you may have had so do this at your own risk.
I used [SCRIPT] DROID 4 Utility XT894 Jellybean -- Windows + Mac + Linux (All In One!) for the entire reflashing process and Safestrap install. I love this utility!!! Thanks mattlgroff for this utility!!! http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2207384
The Following User Says Thank You to aszelinski For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th February 2014, 05:17 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aszelinski

This is an FYI since I had a heck of a time Googleing the answer and the answer was in Russian. I did not see it anywhere here sooo...
If you are using Safestrap 3.65 (latest version as of now) on a Droid 4 and you are flashing KitKat you get a /osh mount error...
Uninstall Safestrap Recovery, then uninstall Safestrap. Download Safestrap 3.11 and install with that. I no longer get the /osh error when flashing KitKat.
I did it from a reflashed Stock image so I have no idea if you will be able to recover any ROM-Slots you may have had so do this at your own risk.
I used [SCRIPT] DROID 4 Utility XT894 Jellybean -- Windows + Mac + Linux (All In One!) for the entire reflashing process and Safestrap install. I love this utility!!! Thanks mattlgroff for this utility!!! http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2207384

What ROM were you flashing? I have been using SafeStrap 3.65 and been able to flash CM11 4.4.2 and SlimKat 4.4.2.
12th February 2014, 01:07 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Waldoboro
Thanks Meter: 6

29 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepybear84

What ROM were you flashing? I have been using SafeStrap 3.65 and been able to flash CM11 4.4.2 and SlimKat 4.4.2.

SlimKat... SlimKat wouldn't flash until I fell back. I cant even get CM11 to flash at all. I have tried multiple times and downloads. Even went as far as reflashing stock and trying...
Last edited by aszelinski; 12th February 2014 at 01:10 AM. Reason: Added
18th June 2014, 09:18 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

56 posts
THANK YOU SO MUCH. Going back to 3.11 solved all my issues on my droid 4. Just flashed cm 11 and gapps with no issue.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread