Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,180 Members 47,289 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Safestrap and /osh Mount Error

Tip us?

aszelinski
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Safestrap and /osh Mount Error

This is an FYI since I had a heck of a time Googleing the answer and the answer was in Russian. I did not see it anywhere here sooo...
If you are using Safestrap 3.65 (latest version as of now) on a Droid 4 and you are flashing KitKat you get a /osh mount error...
Uninstall Safestrap Recovery, then uninstall Safestrap. Download Safestrap 3.11 and install with that. I no longer get the /osh error when flashing KitKat.
I did it from a reflashed Stock image so I have no idea if you will be able to recover any ROM-Slots you may have had so do this at your own risk.
I used [SCRIPT] DROID 4 Utility XT894 Jellybean -- Windows + Mac + Linux (All In One!) for the entire reflashing process and Safestrap install. I love this utility!!! Thanks mattlgroff for this utility!!! http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2207384
Droid 4 XT894 maserati - Work phone, Rooted with [SCRIPT] DROID 4 Utility XT894 Jellybean, Safestrap 3.11, Running whatever ROM I want

The Following User Says Thank You to aszelinski For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Sleepybear84
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by aszelinski View Post
This is an FYI since I had a heck of a time Googleing the answer and the answer was in Russian. I did not see it anywhere here sooo...
If you are using Safestrap 3.65 (latest version as of now) on a Droid 4 and you are flashing KitKat you get a /osh mount error...
Uninstall Safestrap Recovery, then uninstall Safestrap. Download Safestrap 3.11 and install with that. I no longer get the /osh error when flashing KitKat.
I did it from a reflashed Stock image so I have no idea if you will be able to recover any ROM-Slots you may have had so do this at your own risk.
I used [SCRIPT] DROID 4 Utility XT894 Jellybean -- Windows + Mac + Linux (All In One!) for the entire reflashing process and Safestrap install. I love this utility!!! Thanks mattlgroff for this utility!!! http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2207384
What ROM were you flashing? I have been using SafeStrap 3.65 and been able to flash CM11 4.4.2 and SlimKat 4.4.2.

aszelinski
Old
(Last edited by aszelinski; 12th February 2014 at 12:10 AM.) Reason: Added
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepybear84 View Post
What ROM were you flashing? I have been using SafeStrap 3.65 and been able to flash CM11 4.4.2 and SlimKat 4.4.2.
SlimKat... SlimKat wouldn't flash until I fell back. I cant even get CM11 to flash at all. I have tried multiple times and downloads. Even went as far as reflashing stock and trying...
Droid 4 XT894 maserati - Work phone, Rooted with [SCRIPT] DROID 4 Utility XT894 Jellybean, Safestrap 3.11, Running whatever ROM I want

Lightman
Old
Thanks Meter 0
THANK YOU SO MUCH. Going back to 3.11 solved all my issues on my droid 4. Just flashed cm 11 and gapps with no issue.