No registration required

[Q] Cannot re root after 4.4.3 upgrade

OP wardy277

18th June 2014, 08:43 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6

115 posts
Hi,

I previously had purity rom on my nexus 10. I decided to back to stock and use the xposed framework. So with 4.4.3 I flashed the stock images (manualy so it didn't wipe my sdcard partition), wiped data, cache and dalvick.

Stock 4.4.3 works fine, no issues here, but in acquiring root by flashing supersu update (both 93 and 99r3) root doesn't seem to stick. I can adb in and su from terminal, but when booting android supersu days it couldn't acquire root. I have tried other clockworkmod recovery and team win recovery so see if it was a bug with recovery, but no dice. Clockwork did occasionally say it lost root and press Yes to put it back, it did this on my nexus 5 and I still kept root.

I have even tried the universal nexus toolkit but that didn't work either. All methods I have tried have run the zip output fine, saying success.

Any ideas what's wrong. I assume I have done something wrong but can't find much information about root not working like this.
18th June 2014, 06:37 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 23

110 posts
Did you try chainfire 2.00?

Link to Chainfire page
Last edited by planet_x69; 18th June 2014 at 06:43 PM.
18th June 2014, 09:30 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Why do you need to know that?
Thanks Meter: 1,122

2,932 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hi,

Some time ago I've faced the same issue as you, what worked for me was using an older supersu flashable zip and after flashing it I flashed the latest. Don't know if it was placebo or something, but always worked for me .

~Lord
18th June 2014, 09:31 PM   |  #4  
Flag Indiana
Thanks Meter: 341

1,052 posts
More
I did the exact same couple days ago after running Omnirom. I used this odex stock image http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2529492

After the initial factory wipe I wiped dalvik,cache,data, and flashed SU after flashing the ROM but before reboot. Using latest TWRP. Hope this helps.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread