Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

How can I update to 4.4.3 with Custom Recovery?

OP fBx

18th June 2014, 09:08 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5

215 posts
Hi people,

I have a problem here, I have TWRP installed and now the OTA update loaded some minutes ago. The update process fails though as it reboots into TWRP and thus is not able to complete installation. How do I update to 4.4.3 now? Is there a flashable zip? Thanks!
18th June 2014, 10:05 PM   |  #2  
Flag Underwater, no Sh!t
Thanks Meter: 336

870 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fBx

Hi people,

I have a problem here, I have TWRP installed and now the OTA update loaded some minutes ago. The update process fails though as it reboots into TWRP and thus is not able to complete installation. How do I update to 4.4.3 now? Is there a flashable zip? Thanks!

OTA won't work if system was modified, as in your case having custom recovery. It will keep failing on you. That's as far as the bad news go

Now the good news, at least two options:

You can download a flashable zip file of 4.4.3 ROM (either Google's stock or any other custom ROM- there are plenty to chose from in both development threads in this forum, just a matter of choice), follow instructions and flash the ROM.

Or, download stock image from Google, use some tool such as Nexus Root Toolkit (in this forum's development thread) and follow instructions (something like unroot, install update, root again and install custom recovery such as TWRP etc). You have choice also to keep data.

Good luck.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread