Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,360 Members 48,999 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How can I update to 4.4.3 with Custom Recovery?

Tip us?

fBx
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default How can I update to 4.4.3 with Custom Recovery?

Hi people,

I have a problem here, I have TWRP installed and now the OTA update loaded some minutes ago. The update process fails though as it reboots into TWRP and thus is not able to complete installation. How do I update to 4.4.3 now? Is there a flashable zip? Thanks!

jaibar
Old
Thanks Meter 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by fBx View Post
Hi people,

I have a problem here, I have TWRP installed and now the OTA update loaded some minutes ago. The update process fails though as it reboots into TWRP and thus is not able to complete installation. How do I update to 4.4.3 now? Is there a flashable zip? Thanks!
OTA won't work if system was modified, as in your case having custom recovery. It will keep failing on you. That's as far as the bad news go

Now the good news, at least two options:

You can download a flashable zip file of 4.4.3 ROM (either Google's stock or any other custom ROM- there are plenty to chose from in both development threads in this forum, just a matter of choice), follow instructions and flash the ROM.

Or, download stock image from Google, use some tool such as Nexus Root Toolkit (in this forum's development thread) and follow instructions (something like unroot, install update, root again and install custom recovery such as TWRP etc). You have choice also to keep data.

Good luck.
A bad day of diving is better than a good day at work

Chuck Norris can mine bedrock in minecraft!

N5/7