Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,524 Members 42,484 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Kindle hd 8.9 stuck in slow mode after failed re root

Tip us?

akb1ajay
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by benee16 View Post
Yes my kindle fire hd 8.9 is rooted. I currently have version 8.4.9 software from amazon.
I too have had this low space problem after updating to 8.4.9. I was despaired but after searching the internet for 2/3 hours I found the solution. First thing you need to do is to get Titanium Backup from somewhere. It has the capacity to convert system app to user app and this will free up some ROM space so you can install Google Play afterward. Convert one by one some system apps that are not critical to Kindle's functioning, to user app. For example, you can convert Silk browser, Amazon Video, Amazon music, Kindle tutorial, Office Suite to user app. The moment you have above 20 MB free space in ROM you can install there Google Play. I am not sure if a free version of Titanium Backup have this functionality or not, I have installed a pro version of it. If free version is of no use then get a pro version from somewhere. I think you know where to get it from. Good Luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to akb1ajay For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

benee16
Old
(Last edited by benee16; 18th June 2014 at 09:17 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Wow thanks so much for the info. I did not have the pro version of titanium. Instead I used /system /app mover which is a free app. I changed a few system files to user files like suggested and am now able to use google play. I made sure I could download apps from it also, and it worked just fine. Now I have to re download apps I lost when I had to restore.

akb1ajay
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by benee16 View Post
Wow thanks so much for the info. I did not have the pro version of titanium. Instead I used /system /app mover which is a free app. I changed a few system files to user files like suggested and am now able to use google play. I made sure I could download apps from it also, and it worked just fine. Now I have to re download apps I lost when I had to restore.

would not you press Thanks Button?