Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,757 Members 47,525 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I think we are going to start moving backwards...

Tip us?

tech_yeet
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default I think we are going to start moving backwards...

I think that this is it for chip set and screen technology, i mean look at the the snapdragon 810 what do you need all that power for? My little moto g can handle pertty much every thing i can throw at it (but to be honest i would enjoy a little bit more power like a snapdragon S4 pro or MediaTek MT6592 so i can play ppsspp emulator smoothly thats it) but really for the average user a little games here a there like candy crush and Angry Birds and cash it the clan, really mostly instagram and facebook ,Twitter, kik etc. They do not need a snapdragon 810 to do such task at all this is a chip thst is almost as powerful as a ps3!!! Really i think chip makers should focus on better battery lifes more then anything esle and screen resloutions stop increasing them 1080p is enough l do not read my phone with a magnifying glass! Have you notice the sizes for batterys have increased but battery life still has not changed by much? i think next year there will be a increase in phone size just a mask a bigger battery for more procssing power and higher PPI screen and i think from this perfromce and battery life will take a hit this is all in the name of marketing... what are your thoughts?

izzylaif
Old
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech_yeet View Post
i think next year there will be a increase in phone size just a mask a bigger battery for more procssing power and higher PPI screen and i think from this perfromce and battery life will take a hit this is all in the name of marketing... what are your thoughts?
There is huge potential in hybrid li/graphene batteries. Amateur applications already include everything from wind-up radios to completely replacing a car's battery pack.
I expect first smartphone super-capacitors to hit the market in late 2015.
The Following User Says Thank You to izzylaif For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tech_yeet
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by izzylaif View Post
There is huge potential in hybrid li/graphene batteries. Amateur applications already include everything from wind-up radios to completely replacing a car's battery pack.
I expect first smartphone super-capacitors to hit the market in late 2015.
it seems like a powerful solution to this problem.