Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,492 Members 39,548 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Purple Dot on Photos

Tip us?

XxLordxX
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 943

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnegrao View Post
I've read the guide. Can you point me to a Portuguese original rom please? I have version 4.4.2, so I think I have to find a rom 4.4.2 and not under it.
If you could help me, I would appreciate it
Hi,

Please check in this site: http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/

~Lord

hnegrao
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxLordxX View Post
Hi,

Please check in this site: http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/

~Lord
I cannot find mine. But tell me one thing, when I go to my Phone definitions ... about the device, I can find this:
I9505XXUFNB8.
(Omega version 31 ROM).

Is this what I need to look for? I9505XXUFNB8.

hnegrao
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
I cannot find mine. But tell me one thing, when I go to my Phone definitions ... about the device, I can find this:
I9505XXUFNB8.
(Omega version 31 ROM).

Is this what I need to look for? I9505XXUFNB8.
Although it's strange because itīs suppose to be German. But I bought it in Portugal.

Gloris
Old
Thanks Meter 87
which network are you using?, in order to find your carrier firmware, we need to know the csc code, e.g. for me in the uk on three.co.uk the csc is H3G.....so i use either H3G firmwares or BTU (which is the sim free uk version, which is actually what my phone came with).

i think you can actually flash any, but you'll probably find best results (in terms of signal etc, as well as carrier specific apps preinstalled) if you flash your carrier specific latest firmware?

if you tell us which network you're on it will help with recommending a firmware?

on sammobile.com i can see 5 options for portugal:-

Portugal - MEO

Portugal (Optimus) OPT

Portugal (TMN) - TMN

Portugal (TPH) - TPH

and

Portugal (Vodafone) - TCL

hnegrao
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloris View Post
which network are you using?, in order to find your carrier firmware, we need to know the csc code, e.g. for me in the uk on three.co.uk the csc is H3G.....so i use either H3G firmwares or BTU (which is the sim free uk version, which is actually what my phone came with).

i think you can actually flash any, but you'll probably find best results (in terms of signal etc, as well as carrier specific apps preinstalled) if you flash your carrier specific latest firmware?

if you tell us which network you're on it will help with recommending a firmware?

on sammobile.com i can see 5 options for portugal:-

Portugal - MEO

Portugal (Optimus) OPT

Portugal (TMN) - TMN

Portugal (TPH) - TPH

and

Portugal (Vodafone) - TCL
Hello.

I bought it unlocked, so I think I can use Portugal (TPH) - TPH.
So I think I can install that one. I thought I had to use the same as it says now (I9505XXUFNB8).

Gloris
Old
Thanks Meter 87
that is the software base.....which i think is sometimes the same in many countries across a region (europe). if you get the TPH one, latest will be FNB9.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gloris For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hnegrao
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Hello.

I bought it unlocked, so I think I can use Portugal (TPH) - TPH.
So I think I can install that one. I thought I had to use the same as it says now (I9505XXUFNB8).

So, if I install the origin rom from Samsung I can install other custom roms again, afterwards right?
My cell phone is rooted, installing Samsung original rom will not make it unrooted?

Gloris
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Quote:
So, if I install the origin rom from Samsung I can install other custom roms again, afterwards right?
My cell phone is rooted, installing Samsung original rom will not make it unrooted?

flashign back stock rom with odin will REMOVE root and will restore recovery back to STOCK......that's what the OP is trying to achieve.....to go back to totally stock.

if you want stock rom, you can still then reroot and/or flash custom recovery/rom after that.

i'm not 100% sure what you're asking here or what your goal is? the OP has a hardware fault with their phone so they are trying to restore back to stock (or as close as possible, s knox tripped already) so that they can try and get it repaired?