Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,943 Members 52,853 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How do I change my boot ani?

Tip us?
 
GearHead88
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 12
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Fort Wayne
Question How do I change my boot ani?

I have a rooted d800, running HellFire ROM. Ive looked and have yet to find a way to make and or install different boot animations, please help.
 
XxZombiePikachu
Old
#2  
XxZombiePikachu's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1149
Posts: 2,232
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Aguada
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHead88 View Post
I have a rooted d800, running HellFire ROM. Ive looked and have yet to find a way to make and or install different boot animations, please help.
you can use this test zip I made to flash the bootanimation(unzip it, place the bootanimation inside system/media/ and then rezip)

you can use bootanimation factory to add the loops to the bootanimation, the rest is up to you
 
GearHead88
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 12
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Fort Wayne
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxZombiePikachu View Post
you can use this test zip I made to flash the bootanimation(unzip it, place the bootanimation inside system/media/ and then rezip)

you can use bootanimation factory to add the loops to the bootanimation, the rest is up to you
Thanks a lot, any idea how to wrote the .txt file? Like what I'd need I understand the part 0,1,etc. And the resolution I just don't know what else or exactly how to write. Or would it be easier to use the factory?
 
XxZombiePikachu
Old
#4  
XxZombiePikachu's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1149
Posts: 2,232
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Aguada
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHead88 View Post
Thanks a lot, any idea how to wrote the .txt file? Like what I'd need I understand the part 0,1,etc. And the resolution I just don't know what else or exactly how to write. Or would it be easier to use the factory?
I I know that part 0 is the folder, 1 is usually the loops for the folder and the other number I don't remember; the resolution of the pictures is at the top, and next to it is usually the fps but I prefer to use the factory because this way it never fails

Sent from my potato powered LG G3 D800
 
GearHead88
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 12
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Fort Wayne
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxZombiePikachu View Post
I I know that part 0 is the folder, 1 is usually the loops for the folder and the other number I don't remember; the resolution of the pictures is at the top, and next to it is usually the fps but I prefer to use the factory because this way it never fails

Sent from my potato powered LG G3 D800
Thanks again, I was going to start making some test animations and see how it goes. Does the factory break an.gif file down into individual .PNG?
 
XxZombiePikachu
Old
#6  
XxZombiePikachu's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1149
Posts: 2,232
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Aguada
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHead88 View Post
Thanks again, I was going to start making some test animations and see how it goes. Does the factory break an.gif file down into individual .PNG?
it has option to create boot from .gif files but I haven't had the chance to test yet
 
GearHead88
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 12
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Fort Wayne
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxZombiePikachu View Post
it has option to create boot from .gif files but I haven't had the chance to test yet
Alright thanks again. I'm going to start unzipping ROMs and putting my Owen pics and sounds in to see what does. Idk what the teams would think of me posting their work with asteitc customizing inside though lol
 
XxZombiePikachu
Old
#8  
XxZombiePikachu's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1149
Posts: 2,232
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Aguada
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHead88 View Post
Alright thanks again. I'm going to start unzipping ROMs and putting my Owen pics and sounds in to see what does. Idk what the teams would think of me posting their work with asteitc customizing inside though lol
it's against xda to use other peoples work without permission, just saying
 
GearHead88
Old
#9  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 12
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Fort Wayne
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxZombiePikachu View Post
it's against xda to use other peoples work without permission, just saying
I meant with consent, until then just personal use

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Android Wear App Review: Command Google Now with Commandr – XDA Developer TV

OK Google. Make Me a sandwich. How many times have you … more

Play Your Hits and Learn the Lyrics with NextGen Music Player

There are plenty of music players for Android available in Play Store. They … more

Control Your Toast Notifications with SlicedToasts

Toasts are delicious, even in their Android flavor. In Android, toast doesn’t lead … more

Rotation Lets You Take Full Control of Your Device’s Orientation Settings

To be brutally honest, the native options for screen … more