Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,603 Members 41,356 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] X Note Build 16 on Note 3

Tip us?

MFarthing
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] X Note Build 16 on Note 3

Hello All,
I'm hoping someone can help with this. I'm currently running X Note Build 15 on my Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005, and it works very well. I saw yesterday that X Note Build 16 was available, so I installed it. Everything seemed to work fine, until I went into Settings and tried to change Lock Screen from Swipe to Password. After I'd entered the password for the second time, Settings just seemed to lock, and then I had a notification that the external SD Card was OK to remove - it had unmounted it! I tried again, and this time it seemed to work OK but Lock Screen still said Swipe - it had ignored the input.

I had a backup of Build 15 so I'm OK for the time being, but I'd very much like to know why this strange behaviour might be happening. Hope someone can shed some light.

Best wishes,

Mark

dvm84
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFarthing View Post
Hello All,
I'm hoping someone can help with this. I'm currently running X Note Build 15 on my Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005, and it works very well. I saw yesterday that X Note Build 16 was available, so I installed it. Everything seemed to work fine, until I went into Settings and tried to change Lock Screen from Swipe to Password. After I'd entered the password for the second time, Settings just seemed to lock, and then I had a notification that the external SD Card was OK to remove - it had unmounted it! I tried again, and this time it seemed to work OK but Lock Screen still said Swipe - it had ignored the input.

I had a backup of Build 15 so I'm OK for the time being, but I'd very much like to know why this strange behaviour might be happening. Hope someone can shed some light.

Best wishes,

Mark
You would get better and fast replies by posting it here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-note-3/help

Not all people replying to threads in this section own a note 3
Device: Sony Xperia M
ROM: Vanir
Kernel: VanirAOSP Hodor Kernel
Recovery: CWM/TWRP (Depending on the kernel)