Originally Posted by Snoob25
you need to be S-OFF and with 1.49.xxxx hboot, else it won't boot
Thank you for your answer, but are you sure? I already get the boot animation.
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't S-OFF just to prevent me from flashing a custom OS and HBOOT is there to start the boot process, similar to a BIOS?
If I really need to downgrade my HBOOT, I am in real trouble. ADB and fastboot.exe won't find my device when it's in FASTBOOT USB mode. ADB will find it, when it's booted (USB debugging on) or when 4EXT recovery is running. I already tried my PC and my laptop and googled many hours yesterday after reading your post without any luck. I don't think the wire trick will work without this connection :/
* I run Win8.1 Pro x64. Could this be a problem with my Windows?
* Update on that: grabbed some mac, tried adb - no devices. But fastboot (`./fastboot-mac devices`) found it o_O
* Update: Live Ubuntu worked. I could do the wire trick with JuopunutBear
* Managed to downgrade HBOOT to 1.49.0007. But it got locked again and now has some stock Gingerbread on it. 4EXT was removed, too o_O
* wow... finally. Unlocked device, flashed EXT4, installed LS....... booted up
Thank you! This thread is resolved. I wrote down everything I did. Maybe it can be of help to someone.