Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,291 Members 46,722 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can't install CM11 Snapshot M7 on HTC One VZW

Tip us?

vpxf
Old
(Last edited by vpxf; 18th June 2014 at 05:33 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default Can't install CM11 Snapshot M7 on HTC One VZW

I moved from Clockworkmod Recovery to the latest version of TWRP(2.7.1.1) and while trying to flash CM11 Snapshot M7 I receive an error. The error is as followed: "This package is for "m7wlv,m7vzw" devices; this is a "m7".

Also while flashing TWRP I found this nifty guide and was wondering if this would work fine with any compatible recovery for the HTC One M7.
Code:
Download the above file(was a recovery .img file. Save it to the root of your /sdcard directly (internal memory only) and rename it to recovery_name.img

Launch terminal emulator or connect to your computer and open an adb shell, then type the following:

su

dd if=/sdcard/recovery_name.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p34

Then reboot to complete installation

tflogic
Old
Thanks Meter 32
You need to update TWRP since to the latest version (2.7.1.1). There was an update from HTC that changed fstab partitioning.
http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/m7vzw

To update your recovery:

Quote:
Boot into Fastboot via Bootloader
On your computer, browse to the same folder where you downloaded the latest TWRP.
Type: fastboot flash recovery filename.zip
Boot into recovery.
The Following User Says Thank You to tflogic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vpxf
Old
(Last edited by vpxf; 18th June 2014 at 05:33 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by tflogic View Post
You need to update TWRP since to the latest version (2.7.1.1). There was an update from HTC that changed fstab partitioning.
http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/m7vzw

To update your recovery:
Sorry, I don't know what led to me putting the wrong version in my post, but I am running 2.7.1.1.

I'd like to note that I'm running a M4 Snapshot just fine.

durgis
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpxf View Post
Sorry, I don't know what led to me putting the wrong version in my post, but I am running 2.7.1.1.

I'd like to note that I'm running a M4 Snapshot just fine.
I think you're running the 'm7' version of TWRP instead of 'm7vzw'. Try a new recovery and double check that you've got the right one.
The Following User Says Thank You to durgis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vpxf
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by durgis View Post
I think you're running the 'm7' version of TWRP instead of 'm7vzw'. Try a new recovery and double check that you've got the right one.
Ah, I did not know there was a difference. I'll take a look for the proper recovery when I have time and then follow up. Thanks.

vpxf
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
That did the trick, thank you. I must of followed the wrong link.