Post Reply

[Q] unauthorized software

17th June 2014, 07:57 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
I stupidly tried to flash a custom recovery without unlocking the boot loader (2nd time rooting a phone) and of course now I get the message that there is software not authorized by Verizon, yada yada yada.....I can't use the phone. As I already said, I'm not very smart w/ this I guess. I rooted my phone with the new towelroot method and it worked flawlessly....but then I tried to go further and figured I'd just do everything necessary to run custom roms. Anyways, I've got the yellow triangle and I really really don't want to go to Verizon and try to talk my way into a replacement (I just got a replacement phone about 2 weeks ago) Is there any way to fix this? Before you reply, know I don't have a windows computer so I don't think I can use Odin, and my phone isn't showing up in Kies when I connect it after making sure my phone is in download mode. I'm at a loss.
17th June 2014, 11:55 AM   |  #2  
mattchenzo's Avatar
Member
Flag Anchorage, AK
Thanks Meter: 8
 
86 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Your only option is Odin, I would say find a friend with a windows computer... Then once you are back on track, read on this forum about safestrap before you flash anything else... Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
17th June 2014, 03:04 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattchenzo

Your only option is Odin, I would say find a friend with a windows computer... Then once you are back on track, read on this forum about safestrap before you flash anything else... Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Thanks. I know what I'm doing today now
17th June 2014, 04:58 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Can anyone point me in the right direction to download the right pit file for use in Odin (Jodin3 to be specific). It's supposed to find the proper pit file automatically, but it can't for some reason. Oh, and I did do some digging....for some reason the only pit file I found (which was uploaded in Oct. of 2013) doesn't work. I can't find anything else other than that...if there is anything else.
Last edited by jahankel; 17th June 2014 at 05:10 PM.
18th June 2014, 06:23 AM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 41
 
244 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
I am trying to fix his phone for him but I am unable to find any full 4.4.2 Odin tars, are there even any available yet? The only ones I can find seem to be on websites I have never heard of haha.
The Following User Says Thank You to draco259 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th June 2014, 06:33 AM   |  #6  
Shutton82's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
Smile Help Please
I also Rooted via Towel Method and flashed clockwork touch recovery not thinking, and i am also in the same boat. Can anyone point me in the direction of a stock TAR file to flash with ODIN, So i can get my note working again.. Any help would be great.. Thanks in advance
18th June 2014, 01:06 PM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 41
 
244 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutton82

I also Rooted via Towel Method and flashed clockwork touch recovery not thinking, and i am also in the same boat. Can anyone point me in the direction of a stock TAR file to flash with ODIN, So i can get my note working again.. Any help would be great.. Thanks in advance

Just found the link for it in this topic!

EDIT: Forgot to put in the link LOL http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2783842
Last edited by draco259; 18th June 2014 at 01:53 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to draco259 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th June 2014, 05:34 PM   |  #8  
Shutton82's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
Talking Worked like a CHARM!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by draco259

Just found the link for it in this topic!

EDIT: Forgot to put in the link LOL http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2783842

Thank you, I just finished Flashing File with ODIN, Worked like a CHARM!!!! Many Many Thanks!!!!!
18th June 2014, 11:42 PM   |  #9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 41
 
244 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutton82

Thank you, I just finished Flashing File with ODIN, Worked like a CHARM!!!! Many Many Thanks!!!!!

Glad I could be of some help

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Verizon Galaxy Note 3 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank