Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,623 Members 50,327 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Question about Roms and Phone Variants

Tip us?

YourNotAboutThatLifeBro
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Question about Roms and Phone Variants

Hey everyone ^^. Im new to XDA and sort of new to the Android modding scene too. Im curious if i can install any Rom on my Galaxy S5. I know they have to be specifically designed for that phone, but are there certain Roms that are tied to a certain phone carrier/variant? Specially designed? I guess my question would be could i take a Rom made for the Galaxy S5 Dev Edition from Verizon and use that Rom on a galaxy S5 regular verizon variant? Sorry for being such a Newb :/

bweN diorD
Old
Thanks Meter 607
generally speaking the rom has to say its for your exact model/variant/carrier/etc or you will likely have issues and even possibly brick.
as far as specifically a dev rom to your phone, im not positive, but following the rule above, the answer is most likely no you cant.
Show some appreciation to those who have helped you by using the Thanks button!!

One Click flash back to stock for Moto Razr HD/Maxx HD Here
[Guide] Moto Razr HD/MaxxHD flash: to KK, root, unlock the bootloader, install cwm, install twrp, or revert back to JB from KK Here
Are you a Noob and not sure where to post your question?
Noob friendly thread for questions about any device Here
The Following User Says Thank You to bweN diorD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]