FORUMS

IonVR Coming Soon, HTC M9 Dev Edition Gets Android 5.1 – XDA TV

The HTC M9 Developer Edition has received Android 5.1. That and … more

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

CleanSlate Brings Fingerprint Scanner Mod to HTC One M9+

Work of XDA Recognized Developer tbalden, CleanSlate custom kernel for the HTC … more

Sunday Debate: Which Factors Caused HTC’s Woes?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on HTC’s situation. Come with your … more

Knox, protectcell?

8 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By Gorillamam, Junior Member on 18th June 2014, 05:45 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I am knew at this but I want to root my galaxy note 3. I updated my phone so I can't safely root with out tripping the Knox. Now I bought my phone with Verizon and got a warranty with protectcell (I got the most comprehensive one they had). I emailed them if they would replace a phone that had a tripped Knox sensor and I have not received any emails back. Now I turn to you, people of the inter Web, to see if anyone knows if they will? I also thought of this, their warranty covers things like dropping my phone in the pool. Will they reject it with water damage plus a tripped Knox?
-any help would be great.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA-FORUM, powered by appyet.com
 
 
18th June 2014, 02:53 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag Colton, NY
Thanks Meter: 1,129
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorillamam

I am knew at this but I want to root my galaxy note 3. I updated my phone so I can't safely root with out tripping the Knox. Now I bought my phone with Verizon and got a warranty with protectcell (I got the most comprehensive one they had). I emailed them if they would replace a phone that had a tripped Knox sensor and I have not received any emails back. Now I turn to you, people of the inter Web, to see if anyone knows if they will? I also thought of this, their warranty covers things like dropping my phone in the pool. Will they reject it with water damage plus a tripped Knox?
-any help would be great.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA-FORUM, powered by appyet.com

Just use the TowelRoot and you will not trip knox.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2784009
18th June 2014, 02:55 PM |#3  
Gorillamam's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Even with 4.4.2?

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Free mobile app
18th June 2014, 02:56 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Flag Colton, NY
Thanks Meter: 1,129
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorillamam

Even with 4.4.2?

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Free mobile app

Yes, it works fine on 4.4.2, that's what it is actually intended to be used with.
The Following User Says Thank You to airmaxx23 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th June 2014, 07:28 PM |#5  
Gorillamam's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Are you sure it won't trip the Knox

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Free mobile app
18th June 2014, 09:20 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Flag Colton, NY
Thanks Meter: 1,129
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorillamam

Are you sure it won't trip the Knox

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Free mobile app

Yes, once you install it and reboot you can even remove Knox when you install the Chainfire's SU app.
18th June 2014, 10:01 PM |#7  
Gorillamam's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
And my warranty will still be intact?
19th June 2014, 12:29 AM |#8  
Senior Member
Flag Colton, NY
Thanks Meter: 1,129
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorillamam

And my warranty will still be intact?

Yes and no, your warranty is technically voided once you root but you can unroot if needed. If you need to call VZW for a warranty replacement just pull the battery, call them and tell them you can get it to turn on. If it's on and rooted there's a chance that they'll look and see that it's rooted.
The Following User Says Thank You to airmaxx23 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes