Post Reply

no recovery

18th June 2014, 07:03 PM   |  #1  
christianstudebaker's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Portland
Thanks Meter: 9
 
86 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2009
More
Hey guys, I recently got a replacement device from best buy because my old ones screen broke. I successfully rooted the new device using the towelroot method. I just tried to install the loki recovery via goomanager and when I rebooted it just boots into odin mode and says that it "could not do normal boot." I've tried everything I can think of but cant get it to boot. Any help?
18th June 2014, 07:22 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag Decatur
Thanks Meter: 814
 
2,395 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianstudebaker

Hey guys, I recently got a replacement device from best buy because my old ones screen broke. I successfully rooted the new device using the towelroot method. I just tried to install the loki recovery via goomanager and when I rebooted it just boots into odin mode and says that it "could not do normal boot." I've tried everything I can think of but cant get it to boot. Any help?

Have actually research what firmware you have and what recovery can be used. You do know that unless you have mdk...you can't use goomanger or twrp or Cwm right?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
18th June 2014, 08:34 PM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 309
 
979 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by decaturbob

Have actually research what firmware you have and what recovery can be used. You do know that unless you have mdk...you can't use goomanger or twrp or Cwm right?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

How many times do you think this same question has been asked and answered?

Sent from my NCC-1701
18th June 2014, 08:46 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Flag Decatur
Thanks Meter: 814
 
2,395 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by riker147

How many times do you think this same question has been asked and answered?

Sent from my NCC-1701

Countless times....not even 15 mins of reading anything...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
18th June 2014, 10:07 PM   |  #5  
Tulsadiver's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 223
 
347 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianstudebaker

Hey guys, I recently got a replacement device from best buy because my old ones screen broke. I successfully rooted the new device using the towelroot method. I just tried to install the loki recovery via goomanager and when I rebooted it just boots into odin mode and says that it "could not do normal boot." I've tried everything I can think of but cant get it to boot. Any help?

I believe you are going to have to go with SafeStrap 3.72. You don't have an unlocked bootloader but Safestrap isn't bad. You can still install some really good roms
18th June 2014, 10:17 PM   |  #6  
christianstudebaker's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Portland
Thanks Meter: 9
 
86 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2009
More
The problem is that I can't boot my phone now. It just boots into Odin mode. When I got my phone originally it wasn't mdk so I didn't have to deal with safestrap. So I didn't know there was other options.

Sent from my XT907 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
18th June 2014, 10:44 PM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Flag Decatur
Thanks Meter: 814
 
2,395 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianstudebaker

The problem is that I can't boot my phone now. It just boots into Odin mode. When I got my phone originally it wasn't mdk so I didn't have to deal with safestrap. So I didn't know there was other options.

Sent from my XT907 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

this is a stickie in general forum that all new S4 people should be required to read...I can not imagine how some one ignores a thread when its titled

What you need to know before, during and after modifying your verizon S4

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2606501
19th June 2014, 12:32 AM   |  #8  
Tulsadiver's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 223
 
347 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianstudebaker

The problem is that I can't boot my phone now. It just boots into Odin mode. When I got my phone originally it wasn't mdk so I didn't have to deal with safestrap. So I didn't know there was other options.

Sent from my XT907 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

if you can get into download mode and have Odin, flash a full wipe or a no wipe tar and start over.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2735172

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Top Threads in Verizon Samsung Galaxy S 4 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank