Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Do I have a faulty phone or is this just normal

OP flyinjoe13

19th June 2014, 03:01 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 12

82 posts
I just got my G2 delivery from Verizon and have been playing around with it for about an hour or so. I have the preinstalled sim card pulled out because I need my other phone as my daily use phone for the time being until I have time to transfer things to the new phone. So for now i'm just using wifi to play with the G2. It came with the OTA update 24A already on it so I guess i'm up to date.

So far the phone seems to work great except for two odd problems that I can't seem to resolve even with two factory resets. Just wanted to see if anyone has any answers, if I have a faulty phone or if this is just how things work with this phone. Both problems happen on a reboot of the phone.

1.) I set my brightness level manual 50% and my screen timeout to 30 seconds but everytime the phone reboots, it resets the brightness level to 100% and the screen timeout back to the default 1 minute setting. If I make the changes again and reboot the phone, it resets things again back to default. Is this a software glitch? Does this happen to everyone? Or do I have a problem that requires me to return the phone for a new one. I guess I could live with it, but i'd rather not have to.

2.) This one is really odd. The first time I turned on the phone or did the factory resets, I had a notification in the drop down list that I needed to accept LG user agreements. I did so and the notification went away. When I restart the phone, the user agreement notification pops up again, but this time it doesn't ask me to accept anything. I just need to clear the notification from the drop down list. How on earth am I supposed to get this to go away completely.

I haven't rooted it yet because I might need to return it so I am completely stock at the moment. The only thing that I don't have is the sim card installed, but I can't imagine that not having the sim card plugged in would cause these two problems. Does anyone have any possible reasons for these two problems or should I just return the phone to Verizon for a new one?

Thanks for any suggestions....

EDIT: Did a little research and found a post on the AndroidCentral forum that my brightness problem may indeed be the result of having the sim card pulled. I have to wonder if it is also the reason for my user agreement problem, but won't know for sure until I can put the sim card from my old phone in the new phone. For now I will take a wait and see approach. Feel free to delete this thread if need be.
Last edited by flyinjoe13; 19th June 2014 at 03:11 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread