Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,915 Members 44,867 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Anyone here pull the trigger on the SM-P907A?

Tip us?

digichris
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzy996 View Post
Currently running Pie Controls and GMD Gesture Control to assist in application switching and other quick shortcuts. Not sure if I'll keep both I'm relying on Pie Controls more.

With Titanium Backup I've frozen a bunch of applications including Allshare, ANT applications (3 of them), samsung's backup app, Blurb Checkout, Business Week, Cisco Webex, E-Meeting, ELM Agent, Facebook (I use the web page), FWUpgrade, Gallery (I use Gallery KK), Play Newstand, KLMS Agent, Magazine Widget, Music (I use Google Play Music), My Magazine (I use Nova Launcher, the stock launcher sucks), Netflix, NY Times, Pagebuddy Service, Remote Controls and Remote PC app, Samsung Push Service, Scrapbook (no intention of using it), SideSync (dont have other samsung phones), Software Update, Weather and Briefing.

Freezing those applications keeps them from loading even as cached apps freeing up space in RAM to cache other apps that i frequently use.

In addition I uninstalled all Knox related apps.

For other mods I'm using Xposed Installer to do things like per application DPI settings to render things in smaller fonts, block ads, disable nag screens (location consent, modify share menus, modify complete action windows etc.), control what starts at boot (boot manager) as well as a few other tweaks.
Cool, thanks for the info. Did you use towelroot, and what ver of the note pro do you have?

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

muzzy996
Old
Thanks Meter 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by digichris View Post
Cool, thanks for the info. Did you use towelroot, and what ver of the note pro do you have?

SM-P900 Wifi, 32GB and no I had used CF Autoroot which was the only available method at the time.

digichris
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzy996 View Post
SM-P900 Wifi, 32GB and no I had used CF Autoroot which was the only available method at the time.
Got it, thanks!

Jpfan01
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:

So far two of us have tired the towelroot in the other thread on the P900 with no success. It seems to be working though on the P905.

digichris
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpfan01 View Post
So far two of us have tired the towelroot in the other thread on the P900 with no success. It seems to be working though on the P905.
But no harm was done if towelroot failed? I might give it a go when I get home from work tonite. Just got my Note in the mail on my lunchbreak, wooohooo!

Jpfan01
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
But no harm was done if towelroot failed? I might give it a go when I get home from work tonite. Just got my Note in the mail on my lunchbreak, wooohooo!

It seems to have literally just failed to do anything for me. No root, no trigger, it's like I never ran it.

wojo797
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Towel root Def works... I used it, the issue I had was with super user... don't download it from the playstore. Geohot is the man