Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,397 Members 48,151 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help, Deleted my Secmms.apk

Tip us?

BluePost
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Cool Help, Deleted my Secmms.apk

Well I was trying to follow the instructions from here to turn off the auto conversion from sms to mms whenever you enter an emoji. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2472009&page=5

Long story short I ended up with a non-functioning SMS app, and I accidentally deleted my backapp while I was moving things around. SO I guess what I'm asking is if people can give me a copy of there SecMms.apk for kitkat 4.4.2 (Ive tried adding previous versions but that doesn't seem to work). It should be located at the system/priv-app (you have to be rooted to access it). Thanks guys.

mdiaz33685
Old
Thanks Meter 418

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePost View Post
Well I was trying to follow the instructions from here to turn off the auto conversion from sms to mms whenever you enter an emoji. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2472009&page=5

Long story short I ended up with a non-functioning SMS app, and I accidentally deleted my backapp while I was moving things around. SO I guess what I'm asking is if people can give me a copy of there SecMms.apk for kitkat 4.4.2 (Ive tried adding previous versions but that doesn't seem to work). It should be located at the system/priv-app (you have to be rooted to access it). Thanks guys.
extracted it from the rom ur using, and copy it back, and add permission... which rom are u using... what is the firmware version...
Black - SG Note 3 T-Mo USA - SM-N900T | TWRP 2720 | My Stock Rooted 4.4.2 | 64gb Samsung | UVUDNF1 & Compulsion 15 | XXUFNG2
White - SG Note 3 T-Mo USA - SM-N900T | TWRP 2720 | My Stock Rooted 4.4.2 - N900TUVUDNF1 & Compulsion 15
Sprint SG TAB3 7in - SM-T217S | TWRP 2700 | My Stock Rooted 4.4.2 - T217SVPUBNE7
SG TAB2 10.1 = GT-P5113 < | > SG TAB2 7in GT-P3113 = Not Rooted 4.2.2
My Threads - T-Mo SG Note 3 | SG Note 3 | SG Tab 3 7in T217S | My Stock ODEX Roms and Firmware's Web Site...

BluePost
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdiaz33685 View Post
extracted it from the rom ur using, and copy it back, and add permission... which rom are u using... what is the firmware version...
I'm using the stock Samsung n9005XXUEND6. I don't know how to extract it from the rom, If you can point me to a simple guide and a little more instructions that would help a lot. Or if you have a compatible SecMms.apk that would really make my day.

Factory reset is not an option for me, as I have not made any backups, and I have too many apps and setting for me to wipe my entire phone.

mdiaz33685
Old
Thanks Meter 418

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePost View Post
I'm using the stock Samsung n9005XXUEND6. I don't know how to extract it from the rom, If you can point me to a simple guide and a little more instructions that would help a lot. Or if you have a compatible SecMms.apk that would really make my day.

Factory reset is not an option for me, as I have not made any backups, and I have too many apps and setting for me to wipe my entire phone.
you can copy the rom to your desktop, and just copy it out... you need rootexporer or esfilemanager with root access, so you can copy it back to system/jpriv-app,

if you look on my signature, I have a thread in the dev section, on Samsung galaxy note 3 and tmobile note 3....

I have the roms for various N9005 phone... and the firmwares....

okay, I had to rar the file, it has the secmms.apk and secmms.odex if your using stock rom... both the files are in there...
Attached Files
File Type: rar SecMms.rar - [Click for QR Code] (5.89 MB, 8 views)
Black - SG Note 3 T-Mo USA - SM-N900T | TWRP 2720 | My Stock Rooted 4.4.2 | 64gb Samsung | UVUDNF1 & Compulsion 15 | XXUFNG2
White - SG Note 3 T-Mo USA - SM-N900T | TWRP 2720 | My Stock Rooted 4.4.2 - N900TUVUDNF1 & Compulsion 15
Sprint SG TAB3 7in - SM-T217S | TWRP 2700 | My Stock Rooted 4.4.2 - T217SVPUBNE7
SG TAB2 10.1 = GT-P5113 < | > SG TAB2 7in GT-P3113 = Not Rooted 4.2.2
My Threads - T-Mo SG Note 3 | SG Note 3 | SG Tab 3 7in T217S | My Stock ODEX Roms and Firmware's Web Site...
The Following User Says Thank You to mdiaz33685 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BluePost
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdiaz33685 View Post
you can copy the rom to your desktop, and just copy it out... you need rootexporer or esfilemanager with root access, so you can copy it back to system/jpriv-app,

if you look on my signature, I have a thread in the dev section, on Samsung galaxy note 3 and tmobile note 3....

I have the roms for various N9005 phone... and the firmwares....

okay, I had to rar the file, it has the secmms.apk and secmms.odex if your using stock rom... both the files are in there...
Thank you! This worked perfectly! And also another thanks for actually telling me about ES filemanager. I've always used it, but never knew it could access root files. Thank you very much.