Post Reply

Help, Deleted my Secmms.apk

OP BluePost

18th June 2014, 07:09 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
Well I was trying to follow the instructions from here to turn off the auto conversion from sms to mms whenever you enter an emoji. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2472009&page=5

Long story short I ended up with a non-functioning SMS app, and I accidentally deleted my backapp while I was moving things around. SO I guess what I'm asking is if people can give me a copy of there SecMms.apk for kitkat 4.4.2 (Ive tried adding previous versions but that doesn't seem to work). It should be located at the system/priv-app (you have to be rooted to access it). Thanks guys.
18th June 2014, 08:40 AM   |  #2  
mdiaz33685's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Tampa, FL
Thanks Meter: 497
 
983 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2009
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePost

Well I was trying to follow the instructions from here to turn off the auto conversion from sms to mms whenever you enter an emoji. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2472009&page=5

Long story short I ended up with a non-functioning SMS app, and I accidentally deleted my backapp while I was moving things around. SO I guess what I'm asking is if people can give me a copy of there SecMms.apk for kitkat 4.4.2 (Ive tried adding previous versions but that doesn't seem to work). It should be located at the system/priv-app (you have to be rooted to access it). Thanks guys.

extracted it from the rom ur using, and copy it back, and add permission... which rom are u using... what is the firmware version...
18th June 2014, 09:44 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdiaz33685

extracted it from the rom ur using, and copy it back, and add permission... which rom are u using... what is the firmware version...

I'm using the stock Samsung n9005XXUEND6. I don't know how to extract it from the rom, If you can point me to a simple guide and a little more instructions that would help a lot. Or if you have a compatible SecMms.apk that would really make my day.

Factory reset is not an option for me, as I have not made any backups, and I have too many apps and setting for me to wipe my entire phone.
18th June 2014, 10:38 AM   |  #4  
mdiaz33685's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Tampa, FL
Thanks Meter: 497
 
983 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2009
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePost

I'm using the stock Samsung n9005XXUEND6. I don't know how to extract it from the rom, If you can point me to a simple guide and a little more instructions that would help a lot. Or if you have a compatible SecMms.apk that would really make my day.

Factory reset is not an option for me, as I have not made any backups, and I have too many apps and setting for me to wipe my entire phone.

you can copy the rom to your desktop, and just copy it out... you need rootexporer or esfilemanager with root access, so you can copy it back to system/jpriv-app,

if you look on my signature, I have a thread in the dev section, on Samsung galaxy note 3 and tmobile note 3....

I have the roms for various N9005 phone... and the firmwares....

okay, I had to rar the file, it has the secmms.apk and secmms.odex if your using stock rom... both the files are in there...
Attached Files
File Type: rar SecMms.rar - [Click for QR Code] (5.89 MB, 46 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to mdiaz33685 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th June 2014, 04:16 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdiaz33685

you can copy the rom to your desktop, and just copy it out... you need rootexporer or esfilemanager with root access, so you can copy it back to system/jpriv-app,

if you look on my signature, I have a thread in the dev section, on Samsung galaxy note 3 and tmobile note 3....

I have the roms for various N9005 phone... and the firmwares....

okay, I had to rar the file, it has the secmms.apk and secmms.odex if your using stock rom... both the files are in there...

Thank you! This worked perfectly! And also another thanks for actually telling me about ES filemanager. I've always used it, but never knew it could access root files. Thank you very much.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy Note 3 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank