Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,661 Members 45,017 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bricked phone: how to clear data before recycling

Tip us?

tossici
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcfunk View Post
I'll send you the battery cover, but I need the screen so I can keep working on Negalite rom, also wanted to see what can be done with it when it's bricked. but I didn't want to brick my own phone.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
Ok quick update: My coworker has an HTC repair toolkit and will bring it in this week. I really just want to remove the board then I'm happy to mail out the rest. The board seems fairly easy to access going in from the back without touching the screen.

Dvdxploitr: the back cover is in good condition and I can throw in what I think is a fairly nice case.

tossici
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Ok so it turns out you need both torx and phillips screw drivers. Took me awhile to get the right sizes. But I followed the directions on this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjqJy6PL6Xs.

Happy to send out everything minus the board. If you still want it PM me an address to ship it to. I should be able to send out on Saturday.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byn...it?usp=sharing
The Following User Says Thank You to tossici For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jcfunk
Old
Thanks Meter 142
Thanks again

Sent from my DOWNGRADED EVO 3D