Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,778 Members 52,205 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stuck on Google Screen - Restore Didn't Work

Tip us?

xbi0s
Old
(Last edited by xbi0s; 12th June 2014 at 01:25 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Stuck on Google Screen - Restore Didn't Work

Good Morning All -

A few days ago, I dualbooted my N7 with Ubuntu. The installation went fine and the tablet was working with no issues over the last several days. Last night, I was using the tablet and set it down. I went to pick it up (roughly 5 minutes later) and the touch screen was unresponsive. I was at the lock screen but couldn't get it to unlock. I pushed the wrong key-combo first and the device took a screen shot.

I was able to reboot into fastboot and attempted to go to recovery. The device would just hang at the Google logo. I pushed a factory firmware update from my Ubuntu system and attempted to reset -- no joy. This morning, I used Nexus Root Toolkit from my Windows 8 machine to see if I could get it up. Root Tool kit worked fine, pushed the images over again and restarted but it continues to hang at the Google logo.

Looking for any other advice folks may have on getting the device to boot.

EDIT: I can get to the bootloader fine and the computer recognizes it.

Thanks!

xbi0s
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Alright... I just attempted using NRT and flashing 4.4.2 instead of 4.4.3 to see if it would run through. No joy, again. Remains on the Google screen.

antonio824
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbi0s View Post
Alright... I just attempted using NRT and flashing 4.4.2 instead of 4.4.3 to see if it would run through. No joy, again. Remains on the Google screen.
Im having the same problem with an unlocked unit. I would bet if you tried to do a factory reset in the android recovery menu it would give you a huge error all having to do with cache.

xbi0s
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by antonio824 View Post
Im having the same problem with an unlocked unit. I would bet if you tried to do a factory reset in the android recovery menu it would give you a huge error all having to do with cache.
I'm unable to get into the restore menu. Hangs at the Google logo when attempting to get there.

xbi0s
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I've tried about any solution I could find... Bumping one last time before I torch the unit :\

antonio824
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Nothing can be done. Its something inside. If its the 2013 model, call and get it rma'd. Sorry man.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using XDA Premium HD app