Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,145 Members 42,235 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][v500][awifi][KK][4.4.2][UNOFFICIAL] Omni 4.4 w/ multi-window [20140514]

Tip us?

paperWastage
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by xyojimbox View Post
I flashed this Last night and did flash the super user zip but I still diff not have root doff I miss a step?

Sent from my LG-V500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
which package did you use?

http://docs.omnirom.org/Installing_Omni_on_your_device

Omni devs recommend Chainfire SuperSU
Current Device:
Oppo Find 5 - experimental kernel

eagles5
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I stupidly did not flash St along with the multi window version and gapps. Now I can't get SU to work from the playstore. It says it needs to update binary but fails when it tries. I assume I need to flash the SU zip from my twrp recovery?

Anyone know how to get into recovery without root access? I was using a app that only works with root.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Barracuda77777
Old
Thanks Meter 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles5 View Post
I stupidly did not flash St along with the multi window version and gapps. Now I can't get SU to work from the playstore. It says it needs to update binary but fails when it tries. I assume I need to flash the SU zip from my twrp recovery?

Anyone know how to get into recovery without root access? I was using a app that only works with root.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Boot into recovery via buttons LG G pad: http://youtu.be/uo3YfszOPsQ

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

eagles5
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Yep I can get into recovery. For some reason trip wasn't able to install the latest supersu zip. Said it couldn't open it. So I'll try an older zip tonight.

I guess I still have root but I don't have root access due to lack of super user installed?

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

One thing I'm wondering. Is really flashing supersu through twrp sufficient to gain root? I've only hooked up my devices to run batch scripts in order to gain root so the idea of gaining root merely through flashing a zip is new to me.

paperWastage
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles5 View Post
Yep I can get into recovery. For some reason trip wasn't able to install the latest supersu zip. Said it couldn't open it. So I'll try an older zip tonight.

I guess I still have root but I don't have root access due to lack of super user installed?

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

One thing I'm wondering. Is really flashing supersu through twrp sufficient to gain root? I've only hooked up my devices to run batch scripts in order to gain root so the idea of gaining root merely through flashing a zip is new to me.

TWRP should also warn you when you reboot TWRP after flashing a ROM without SuperSU...

Flashing the root update.zip will gain root.... TWRP/adb/fastboot is a lot easier than running batch scripts that use exploits (unless you are stock without TWRP, and you need exploit like Towelroot to intially root)
Current Device:
Oppo Find 5 - experimental kernel

eagles5
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperWastage View Post
TWRP should also warn you when you reboot TWRP after flashing a ROM without SuperSU...

Flashing the root update.zip will gain root.... TWRP/adb/fastboot is a lot easier than running batch scripts that use exploits (unless you are stock without TWRP, and you need exploit like Towelroot to intially root)
Yep I got it straightened out. Used a slightly older Supersu zip and it worked great.